What to do with left over villa food?

Travel discussion for St. John
fmzip

What to do with left over villa food?

Post by fmzip »

So I have frozen $15 ribeye, a 5 pack of Guinness, some frozen chicken breast and two frozen sirloin hamburgers. I hate to throw this stuff away. Any ideas? Anyone here on the island and want some food?
loria

Re: What to do with left over villa food?

Post by loria »

i usually either give it to friends on the island or leave it for the cleaners......
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
stjohnjulie

Post by stjohnjulie »

Leaving it in the villa is perfectly acceptable, and it won't go to waste. The cleaning staff will make good use of most things left behind.
gibber161

Post by gibber161 »

We leave any unopened items for the cleaning crew. Place a note on the refrigerator door letting them know what is inside. Put all the dry goods on the countertop in one spot. The gesture will be well appreciated. :D
kklay

Post by kklay »

We usually leave for the cleaning crew. A few years ago ( with Chad and Todd as owners of Woody's) we got to know some of the wait staff and kitchen crew and we would pack up a couple of boxes of our left over stuff - some of it not even open, and would drop it off in the morning. The one year we had a bag of pistachios in the shell - about 3/4 full and Dan, the cook made a B-Line for those! It was always appreciated and I know the cleaning staff will like the leftovers.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I leave things for the villa cleaners, but I've never left meat (except in one case where I was dealing directly with the on-island owner and I was able to talk to him and confirm that he wanted it) because I'm always afraid that they won't trust it and will toss it.

So any leftover meat I cook and take to the bushcat feeding station that is behind the dumpsters near The Westin.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain