Another Amalie Car Rental?

Travel discussion for St. John
Rbaron721

Another Amalie Car Rental?

Post by Rbaron721 »

So, Amalie Car Rental has been my favorite car rental shop. But because of her great service, she is often booked up. Can anyone recommend another one on St. Thomas for use on St. John? Or alternatively, can anyone recommend one on STJ where they are actually kind to their customers? Super excited, taking my extended family. 10 of us going ranging in age from 3 to 81! :shock:
Russ
loria

Re: Another Amalie Car Rental?

Post by loria »

L and L has an office on St Thomas and on St John -- so you are actually covered if something happens on St John and i am fairly certain you can park in their lot when you are in town -- i have not rented from them before though. Dependable has been decent when i have used them
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
awardb

Post by awardb »

We have rented from L&L the last 3 times we've been to STJ. In Cruz Bay, their office is at that convenient lot right next to what used to be the Fatty Crab. Employees are friendly, jeeps are good, and problems have been resolved in a timely manner. We're using them again this year.
AwardB
Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. - Lewis Carroll
Rbaron721

Post by Rbaron721 »

Thanks so much for the replies. However, 5 out of the 5 reviews on yelp are horrible. Spooks me a bit. See here- http://www.yelp.com/biz/l-and-l-jeep-rental-saint-john
Russ
lorijo068

Post by lorijo068 »

We used Discount the last 2 years...They are great!
http://www.discountcar.vi/
lightpacker

Post by lightpacker »

Four times with Discount, no problems whatsoever. Polite and professional. They pick you up at the airport; I don't think we've ever waited more than ten or fifteen minutes.