Argonauta Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
vacationpants

Argonauta Villa

Post by vacationpants »

Just got back from a week on St.John and stayed at Argonauta villa. This villa is older but still WONDERFUL. We enjoyed it so much we plan on coming back and staying there again. We were looking for a 2 bedroom villa but the one we wanted wasn't available but Argonauta was so we booked it and are so glad we did. It is managed by Jackie at Vacation Vistas, she was wonderful to work for. She arranged for our travel from the Airport to the Red Hook ferry, she arranged for our car from Cool Breeze and she greated us at the ferry dock, gave us a quick tour of St. John's and showed us what changed since the last time we were there and then took us to get our jeep and then to the Villa. The villa is in a GREAT location and has stunning views. It has 4 bedrooms, a full kitchen with every kind of appliance you could want, great pots and pans, the furniture is comfortable, I could not find a single thing that I did not like. The location is very close to town, between town and the Westin. The views are wonderful. We chose to use the bedroom with the expansive views of Chocolate hole on your left and St. Thomas infront. it was wonderful to go to sleep looking at the lights of St. Thomas and wake up with the view of the expansive ocean. The views are amazing. The bed very comfortable. The pool was great, we often sat by the pool in the evening after dinner and tried to spot the stars (it was cloudy the week we were there which meant no great sunsets :( but I am sure they would have been great to view from there). We are thinking about returning with our grown children and their families in a couple of years - this villa could accommodate us all. And I cannot say enough about Jackie from Vacation Vistas, she made sure we were very comfortable with the villa before she left, left us a care package which we enjoyed throughout the week, and went above an beyond when we were unlucky enough to have to visit the clinic while on the island. I would use them again and again on all our future trips.
nothintolose

Re: Argonauta Villa

Post by nothintolose »

That is my favorite of the villas we have stayed at! We stayed last in 2014 for our 4th time and hope to get back in the future! I love the views from the veranda and could sit out there forever! Thanks for reminding me how much I love that villa!!!

The only downside is that the bedrooms are not equal in views; the ones in the pod are much better, especially compared to the one behind the kitchen that has no view. The people that stay in the one behind the kitchen also have to deal with everyone using their bathroom. That being said, we have been fortunate that the people in our groups have never cared too much about sharing their bathroom.

Speaking of bathrooms, we LOVE that that Argonauta has the little bathroom on the same level as the pool. Several of the villas we have stayed in have not had this amenity and it's definitely one you appreciate when you don't have it!

We agree on the location being awesome! So close to town yet you don't feel that way! You feel like you have the island to yourselves once you are on the property.

Thanks vacationpants for reminding me of so many good things in reviewing Argonauta! Sorry to hear that you had to make a trip to the clinic! I hope the rest of your stay was awesome!
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

I was just wondering about the entrance to Argonauta , are there a lot of steps leading to the entrance of the home ....or by any chance is the driveway and entrance level ? This home is on my short list ...but we "might" have someone coming with us that has difficulty with steps.

Sherry in SC :)
" I believe there's Magic here...."
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

I have rented Argonauta twice, it is a great house!

To answer your question, philbetm, there are some stairs at Argonauta, There are 4 or so steps down from the driveway to the main villa. The pool level and two of the bedrooms are a flight of stairs down from the main level. A third bedroom is reached via an interior spiral staircase. That said, the kitchen, living area, a large covered deck, and two of the bedrooms and baths are all on that level that is just 4 steps down from the driveway.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Thanks so much Becky ! Sounds like that would be doable since there is a bedroom on the main floor. We don't know for sure that this guest is coming...but if she does she can manage that Okay .

Sherry :D
" I believe there's Magic here...."
sasky

Post by sasky »

Any thoughts about how family/kid friendly this villa is? Looks and sounds gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

sasky - How young are the kids? We were there two years ago with a 10 and 12 year old and it was fine. If you went with little ones, my only concerns would be the veranda as far as them sliding through the slats or the stairs from the upper level to the lower level.

The family with the two children actually got two roll-away beds from the company that Vacation Vistas recommended and they all slept in the lower level bedroom in the pod.

If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me. We have stayed there 4 times. I feel like it's home whenever we are there.
sasky

Post by sasky »

nothintolose wrote:sasky - How young are the kids? We were there two years ago with a 10 and 12 year old and it was fine. If you went with little ones, my only concerns would be the veranda as far as them sliding through the slats or the stairs from the upper level to the lower level.

The family with the two children actually got two roll-away beds from the company that Vacation Vistas recommended and they all slept in the lower level bedroom in the pod.

If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me. We have stayed there 4 times. I feel like it's home whenever we are there.
They are quite young. 6-year-old, 2-year-old twins, and a newborn (I know, I know...we'll have lots of help).

I see the slats you're talking about now, that is concerning. Didn't notice those. There are a ton of child safe villas so I'll keep looking. :) Maybe one day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

sasky - not saying anything regarding taking kids at all. My entire family went down with some little ones in 2004. I think 6 mos was the youngest. We stayed at Ristaba and I will never forget looking up at the top of the stairs and seeing one of the 4 year olds (I think) OUTSIDE of the railing at the top of the steps! Oh my God!!! Scared me to death! I could never have kids! They would live in a bubble wrapped in bubble wrap!

Anyway, I am sure there are kid friendly villas and some of them actually have stuff they put up for safety when wee ones go.
jmq

Post by jmq »

At that price point, it better be wonderful! :D
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide