Loud music and glass beer bottles

Travel discussion for St. John
msfcambridge

Loud music and glass beer bottles

Post by msfcambridge »

Hey guys- what's the number you call when there are loud music,
rowdy. glass beer bottle people on the beach? Gibney/Oppenheimer beach.
Ed S

Re: Loud music and glass beer bottles

Post by Ed S »

Maybe call the NPS rangers at 340-693-8201?
Image[/url]
poidog

Post by poidog »

Gibney is not an NPS beach but owned and managed by the VI government, so park rules do not apply. Residents can get a party permit for the beach and beach house and can then "close" to to a private function.
Follow our building blog @ Seas the Day Villa STJ
David 12

Post by David 12 »

I believe it was early November 2015 when there was what sounded like a reggae-fest coming from that beach area.

We were staying at Caneel and it is amazing how much the sound was carrying. Luckily, it sounded pretty good!

Dave
fbo44

Post by fbo44 »

Just don't bother with the VIPD...one night last summer while staying at Gallows, some moron with huge speakers on top of his car set up shop around 11pm in front of that bar by Grande Bay and blasted music (including Madonna's "Like a Virgin" about 15-20 times - no kidding). Lasted at least until 1:00am. Gallows mgmt. called the police...nothing happened. Another irate Gallows guest and I walked to the police headquarters...couldn't find anyone there initially...finally a woman cop came out from the back and took our complaint. Cops finally came about 20 minutes later and sent the Madonna fan packing. I still have bouts of PTSD anytime I hear "Like a Virgin"! :D
msfcambridge

Post by msfcambridge »

Thanks for the info. Lol Fbo44, thanks for the laugh. We retuned to Gibney couple of days later in the afternoon. There was some sort of function/event and although they were having a ton of fun they weren't annoying.