Yesterday's (6/18) airport experience

Travel discussion for St. John
cliffnchristi

Yesterday's (6/18) airport experience

Post by cliffnchristi »

Thought I would share our Saturday airport departure experience for anyone wondering what a Saturday departure is like. We took the 8:00 ferry for our 12:30 flight. Ferry left on time and Rachel met us at Red Hook. Arrived at airport at 9:03. We had printed our boarding passes on Friday, so we went straight to Customs. There was no wait so we went straight to a window and then straight to TSA where they were literally waiting for passengers...breezed straight through and was sitting at our gate at 9:20. Now, I went to check the TSA line at 10:30 and it was a quite a different story. Sure, we had a lot of idle time to sit and do nothing, but I would rather do that than be rushed, so if you have a departing flight in the neighborhood of 12:30-1:00, take the 8:00 ferry, you won't be sorry!
AquaGirl

Re: Yesterday's (6/18) airport experience

Post by AquaGirl »

Similar experience on Sunday, June 5 for a flight at 1:10pm. Took the 8:45 ferry to CA. It was a lovely morning and we love the longer boat ride and shorter cab ride. Got to airport a bit before 10 and the United desk wasn't open yet. They said it would be an hour, but fortunately it opened at 10:30. Got through Customs and TSA quickly (although we waited a few minutes while TSA searched our checked bag).

It was nice to get through when there were just a few people in line, even though we had some extra time at the gate. We wanted to get a bite to eat at the cafeteria and it was packed by about 11:30am. The TSA line was definitely mobbed late morning and early afternoon.
nothintolose

Re: Yesterday's (6/18) airport experience

Post by nothintolose »

Thanks for sharing!!!
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band