4th Trip but it's been awhile!

Travel discussion for St. John
jenxogirl

4th Trip but it's been awhile!

Post by jenxogirl »

It's been three years since our last trip and we are hoping for any updates you all may offer.

Is there a current restaurant list going somewhere? I heard rumors from some friends that traveled earlier this year that the Smoothie Shack closed? :shock: That was always our mid-afternoon pick-me-up!

We planned this trip over the full moon in hopes of hiking Ram Head at night...has anyone done this or are we being silly?

Many thanks! :D
Coconuts

Re: 4th Trip but it's been awhile!

Post by Coconuts »

We've hiked Ram Head on the night of a full moon, and it was pretty impressive. In winter, if you set out an hour or so before sunset, you will get to watch the sun set over the water in the west as the full moon rises in the east. In that case, though, you don't get a high moon angle to light your way back. In summer, sunset is over Bordeaux Mountain, so you might head out later, but having light for the first half of the hike is pretty nice, plus it prepares you for the more challenging return in the dark. The full moon will be straight overhead at midnight, but that is probably too late to be realistic. In all cases, be sure everyone has their own flashlight, good footware, and ankles. Don't rush, watch your footings, and it will be awesome! Dine at Miss Lucy's before or after you head out.

All the best,

Kevin
loria

Post by loria »

if you are staying over in coral bay (well even if you are not !) you should try the triple b brunch truck-- it parks at oasis on the weekends and mondays (and some other days too!) Indigo grill is good as well (where sputnik/donkey diner used to be )
woodies is supposed to be opening up some sort of outpost in the old island blues building .... but not sure of that schedule --
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Whoops, accidental double post.
Last edited by Teresa_Rae on Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

I almost had a heart attack when you said that the smoothie truck had closed ;)

They were temporarily closed off and on awhile back due to nearby driveway construction, but then they relocated slightly at the end of 2015. I found reviews for them online that are less than a week old. Whew!
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

The smoothie truck is definitely open. I bought some smoothies last week :D

There does not seem to be anything happening with the new Woody's site in Coral Bay. I heard there was a septic issue causing delays.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.