Thoughts about new Cinnamon Bay / Trunk Bay Concession?

Travel discussion for St. John
emartin106

Re: Thoughts about new Cinnamon Bay / Trunk Bay Concession?

Post by emartin106 »

When I spoke to Brian Stewart of Redwoods, he confirmed that any improvements have to stay within the current footprint ( that's why the new cottages are going up). I'm not sure if they will be able to create new camping areas, so they may just reduce the number of existing tents and replace them with the larger ecco tents and charge more money for them
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

I'm kind of stressing over this all. CBC was my backup plan for February, but we may not be able to afford it. Holding my breath til 10/1 or 10/4, whenever the site is up!
emartin106

Post by emartin106 »

Holding my breath also to confirm my April reservations, which I'd like to adjust. Also hoping that prices of the cottages stay the same for 2017. I'm going to try and get as much info on the changes . I travel with a group and we will most likely be switching to a villa rental for 2018. Not interested in vacationing thru construction on island time
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

:| Website for reservations isn't functional yet.
emartin106

Post by emartin106 »

online reservations not working, but this afternoon ( not this morning when I first called) someone picked up the phone so I able to confirm and adjust my previous reservation. I don't think the person I spoke to is on island, which makes me sad
pmk

Post by pmk »

It looks like the opening of Cinnamon Bay Campground is delayed and things aren't going terribly smoothly.

I can't find the permalink to the article but it's on the main page now.
http://www.stjohnnewspapermon.com/

It's also in the Story Archive under: 10-31-16 Cinnamon Bay Dead Ends?

pmk
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

I generally find a visit to Salt Pond helps when I read his website. But the pics here do speak for themselves.
ColoradoMom

Post by ColoradoMom »

Has anyone gotten through to make or confirm a reservation? If so would you please provide contact info. The online booking feature isn't working still and the number listed still won't go through. I just get an error message. Help please :)
emartin106

Post by emartin106 »

I received both verbal and e-mail confirmation of my April reservations. I think reservations are working out of California, so they might not pick up the phone until 9AM Cali time. I got an e-mail from reservations@cinnamonbayresort.com.
Last July I spoke to Brian Stewart at Redwoodparks by calling 415-968-5600. I am concerned about the lack of updates on the website and, from recent photos, of progress at the campgrounds ( or the lack thereof) I am going to do some research and find out who in the NPS is overseeing this. The new people are not off to a good start
pmk

Post by pmk »

emartin106 wrote:I received both verbal and e-mail confirmation of my April reservations.
Can you share the pricing? Cottages, Eco-Tents, platform tents, bare sites?

Thx,

pmk
emartin106

Post by emartin106 »

Can you share the pricing? Cottages, Eco-Tents, platform tents, bare sites?

They had to ask me about my deposit and I have not figured out what they did since I'm with a group and we have 3 cottages. They did not say that there would be a change in prices but I'm thinking I have to confirm that
pmk

Post by pmk »

emartin106 wrote:They did not say that there would be a change in prices but I'm thinking I have to confirm that
Since there's no pricing, it would be great if you could find out! Thx.

pmk
emartin106

Post by emartin106 »

Just heard from VI NPS - new maps, rates and reservations are on hold until the new ecco tents arrive. There were delays due to weather and shipping issues. They now are hoping for January. The new tents are larger, so the entire camping area will be reconfigured. the tents will have either a king size bed or two twin beds , with a possibility of bunk beds for smaller children ( according to the CBR website). Not clear if they will keep the platform tents that had 4 beds , which of course means that if those are gone, families with older children or a group of friends will have to rent more than one tent. They are honoring old reservations. Improvements were needed, but the old rustic campground is on it's way out.
nuendelcapecod

Post by nuendelcapecod »

Are there any updates available on the new Cinnamon Bay "Resort"? We have a two week reservation made in March 2016 for March 2017 and have paid 50% of the cost in advance. What will we be staying in? I'll it include, as previous, the stove, lantern, cooler, storage bin, cook kit as previous? Can anyone find out?
ColoradoMom

Post by ColoradoMom »

I finally got through to someone, long process, and they ARE honoring standing reservations. Try emailing to this address and make sure to include a copy of your reservation with the reservation number.

reservations@cinnamonbayresort.com