Help - BOS to STT Easter time 2017

Travel discussion for St. John
SuefromMA

Help - BOS to STT Easter time 2017

Post by SuefromMA »

Need some help! Made villa reservations for the period of 4/13/17-4/23/17 for an incredible price. "Just" found out today that the airfare for that period of time is totally crazy. I "never" factored in that Easter is on 4/16/17 next year... Argh...
We prefer to fly JetBlue non-stop out of Boston/Logan. The tickets became available today at....$697 per person "each way".... What the heck??!!!
Any Boston travelers out there?? Is there any chance that these prices will get more reasonable?? We are used to paying less than $500 per person round trip.
Am seriously considering starting the villa search over again and grabbing another 10 day period a couple of weeks later. But, was "so" looking forward to staying at Skyflower Suite.
I am a mess!!!
Any advice??
Suziekue

Re: Help - BOS to STT Easter time 2017

Post by Suziekue »

Just did a search on Orbitz with your dates and saw Jet Blue for $536 round trip, something must have adjusted. Look again today so you can relax and dream about your trip! :D
Last edited by Suziekue on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

david@va.beach

Post by david@va.beach »

I would keep shopping ya gotta do better than those prices!
PaminMaine

Post by PaminMaine »

EEEK! I just peaked as well Suziekue and what I saw for that price was for 2 stops ( and not Jet Blue ) Dang, air fare prices stink lately !!! :oops:
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

I just looked again on Jet Blue and the prices are back up. Ugh
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

msfcambridge

Post by msfcambridge »

Have you tried asking the villa and changing the dates slightly? We found Tuesday to Tuesday in April on Jet Blue direct from Boston to STT and vice versa. Very reasonable at 340ish each round trip. However, we always avoid the April vacation week anything after 4/10-4/11 in NE and up through the third week as Kevin mentioned.
loria

Post by loria »

i know its a pain-- but prices from NY are MUCH more reasonable i just found 494 return NONSTOP on delta from JFK for your dates-- might be worth a stay overnight ... and a drive ......
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

Thanks, everyone for your suggestions and comments. With our "original dates of 4/13/17-4/23/17 wrapping around the Easter holiday and also school vacation week, we decided to cancel our "cheap accommodation" rental and unfortunately they did not have other workable dates available.
So, we have pushed our trip to a better period of 4/27/17-5/7/17. Have already gotten our first leg booked on Jet Blue at $207 per person non-stop out of Logan.
We "will" be paying more $$ for lodging, as we can't seem to get a good vibe for anyplace other than where we have stayed the last 2 years. So, with their 10% repeat customer discount, we are booked with A Winsome House on Ajax Peak. We LOVE that location and just couldn't talk ourselves into any other location or villa.
We totally agree that going school vacation would have been nuts. The only reason we were considering it, in the first place, was to get to stay in the gorgeous/simple and affordable Skyflower Suite. But, once crazy airfare came into play, along with the realization that it was Easter weekend, that thought process went right out the window.
Again, thanks for all who commented!! (Looks like I need to update my ticker...!!)
kklay

Post by kklay »

I'm glad this worked out for you. Airfare costs really change travel plans. Didn't use to be so difficult!
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

That is a great price. I will give you comparison come January, with the schedule at lastminute philosophy. Only wrinkle with that we are mulling over going to Italy instead for our "big" vacation. With the thought process being no grandkids over the next 5 years, maybe we should be doing our non-grandkid friendly trips 1st :roll:
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

I was lucky today to book two first class seats on Delta for our 05/24 - 06/02 trip next year!! :D We fly out of Savannah and until this year have never found two seats.