Sunshine Jeep rental

Travel discussion for St. John
Effie

Sunshine Jeep rental

Post by Effie »

Hello
Has anyone used Sunshine jeep rental? We always rent with Amalie but with the car barrage situation we cancelled our reservation with them. Sunshine is offering a good price for our September dates and have good reviews on tripadvisor. I was hoping someone on here had some good experiences with them as well. Thanks!
nothintolose

Re: Sunshine Jeep rental

Post by nothintolose »

I haven't personally, but a friend uses them and loves them. We used Amalie a few weeks ago with no issues. Amy was nice enough to let us cancel at the last minute if we wanted. Sunshine was one of the ones we contemplated based on my friend's suggestions. We have rented from others on STJ in the past, but it's been a while and Sunshine wasn't around back then.
I never did see where their lot was, but I saw alot of their jeeps on island and they all looked nice and new.
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

We have rented from Sunshine every year since they opened and could not be more
pleased. Their cars are new and clean. The people are a pleasure to work with and so accommodating. We are on island and enjoying our Sunshine car.
Connie

Post by Connie »

We used Sunshine in June and they were great. They ask for your info ahead of time. You get off the ferry and someone will meet you with your jeep. Easy, you're off. They have a small parking area, where we had luck parking. Their lot is across from the Dolphin Market near the roundabout. You can park there and walk down the very steep hill. Husband would walk back up, drive the jeep down and pick me up.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Connie - thanks for the detailed info as to where their lot is! I knew they picked you up but was wondering where their lot was in case of wanting to park there.
fromaway74

Post by fromaway74 »

We used Sunshine two trips ago and were very pleased. Don't hesitate to book with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Do they charge extra for an additional driver? I heard that they did. Do they " strong arm" you to take their insurance?
silverheels

Post by silverheels »

Yes on the additional driver no on the strong arm insurance
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Extra for additional driver if it's a husband or wife?
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Thanks for the info. As some of yu know, we are having a large group attending a family wedding on St John in November. I would like to refer our guests to a jeep rental company that does not charge for extra drivers and does not give renters the " fast shuffle" on buying their insurance. I know there is at least one jeep rental company that offers this but I would like to have a few different companies for them to work with. I will have to see if Destination St John works with any particular rental agency and whether they offer a discount.
Connie

Post by Connie »

Never asked if they charged for an extra driver, but to you the truth, I really don't want to drive. Never did on STT, never wanted to on STJ and my husband is with me, he drives everywhere and I'm the navigator.

Their cars are really nice, and they are so nice too. No fast shuttle. Someone will meet you when you call and tell them what ferry you are on.

BTW, we rented a Jimney from them this time and is was 100.00 cheaper.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Boxer5

Post by Boxer5 »

My sister and I have used Sunshine since they opened and we have been very pleased with their service. We have been able to park there for free if we can't find a parking space in Cruz Bay. The walk down to the center or ferry is easy but the walk up can be challenging but we do it anyway. They always have the car turned around so we don't have to back out. We were also happy that the owner is a woman.
Boxer5
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Thanks fr the elpful information, Marie!