Homes on Harold's Way

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

Homes on Harold's Way

Post by mahojim »

As I've said probably too much, Aqua Bistro is our favorite spot in Coral Bay. Last night we stayed at Stone Harbor Cottage which is what I think just might be the closest possible place for 2 for the walk down.
So, anyone know of some place almost as close? We loved everything about SHC,but like to try a different place with each trip. Pool,a.c.,washer/dryer needed.
Thanks -
Smiles -
MJ
RickG

Re: Homes on Harold's Way

Post by RickG »

We liked Bay House, second driveway on the left. Nice big pool deck with some shade overlooking the harbor.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Thanks Rick.
We stayed just across the driveway at Seabiscuit years ago. Liked it alot. Gotta keep looking, though.
Smiles -
MJ
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

MJ, I stayed at SHC years ago, it was actually managed by Great Caribbean Getaways back when Pam was running the company. How is it now? I remember it had a loft bedroom and another that you got to outside downstairs around the deck, the only drawback was no dishwasher back then, how is it now? Who manages it these days? I really liked the location too. Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

We stayed at Rhumb Runners several years ago (Dec '09-Jan '10) and loved it. Beautiful views, nice pool, great deck. Loria and her family were there with us on New Years Eve so she might remember it a bit too.

Since our stay the kitchen has been updated.

The house has 2 BR upstairs (interior stairway which was nice with kids), each with its own bath. There is a half bath on the main level.

It's way up on Harold's Way, maybe only one has past it, so it would be a hike to walk to Aqua Bistro. But we loved the location and the owners are very nice.
loria

Post by loria »

Sky loft-- a new one bedroom is up there -- nice owner -- beautiful place
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

We stayed at an Airbnb up there, in February, Jim. It didn't have a pool, but there was a unit in the complex that did have one, and I've seen it listed on Airbnb.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/11461521?g ... KzI&sug=50
Here you go, Jim. I don't know if the people we interacted with in February are the owners. If so, they seemed like very nice people.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Thanks, Minde.
Been trying to get in touch with Colleen before I posted this to no avail.
Just can't seem to get any info, and really hope to check it out in person! Please P.M. me with the proper contact info. Dates are wildly flexible, only because we'd really like to give this location a whirl. So romantic, and close to our favorite places.
Otherwise we'll look for alternate accommodations.
Hoping for the best.
Thanks again.
Smiles -
MJ
GraysonDave

Post by GraysonDave »

Yeah, that place looks like a good choice based on the way it looks, location, and reviews.

We're gonna do one more "expensive" trip in January, then I told my wife we're gonna start looking for cheaper ways to do this so we can go more often. Never have done a airbnb but that might be a good one to start with.

If you end up booking in mid-January maybe we can finally meet up since it proved so difficult last time!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

I'm sorry, Jimmy, this isn't the place we stayed at - I believe this is next door to the place we stayed. I don't have any further contact information for ya :(

Grayson, I would recommend asking on this and/or other boards, for feedback on Airbnb places, and NOT renting if you don't have the recommendation from someone you trust. We will absolutely do Airbnb again, but I won't ever stay again, at a place without a first hand recommendation from someone I trust.