New Years in St John

Travel discussion for St. John
MadCityMom

New Years in St John

Post by MadCityMom »

We'll be spending our first New Year's Eve and Day on St John this year!! Yay for us. There will be six of us (hubby and I, two kids 9 and 6 and two in their 20s). I'm thinking an early dinner on NYE and then back to the villa to celebrate. How soon should we make dinner reservations before NYE? Are there special menus/pricing for NYE or just the usual? Any restaurant recommendations in particular for NYE? Are there fireworks in STT to watch from STJ? What about during the day on New Years' Day - are stores and restaurants closed or business as usual? Thanks forum friends!

:D
crasherino

Re: New Years in St John

Post by crasherino »

We were there two years ago for New Years. Everything was open and restaurants had their normal menus. My kids are the same ages as your little ones (only it was 2 years earlier so they were 7 and 4) so we didn't rage all night, but we did what most other people did - hang out on the beach by the Beach Bar. There was a band playing and just general revelry which was pretty much appropriate for kids as well as adults - at least at the time we were there.

I think we also stopped by Motu (now Drink) which was having a NYE fiesta. I don't recall any fireworks but that may be because we turned in early.

I do remember thinking that the Island was the most crowded I've ever seen it during the day on New Years Eve. More so than even the rest of the week, which was obviously the most crowded week of the year.