Sad

Travel discussion for St. John
Suziekue

Re: Sad

Post by Suziekue »

Philbetm & Michigan girls,
Couldn't believe when I saw this...

How on earth is it $700+ per person from Charlotte, when I pay around that or a little less flying from Grand Rapids with a stop in Charlotte??

I was going to ask MG where you are in Michigan :), I'm in Farmington Hills.

We have flown thru CLT many times to STT, seems so unfair they charge more to fly from there direct. This year we were lucky to get Jet Blue for $500 thru Boston. I've been to CLT for work many times, don't have much luck getting home on time from there but that is beside the point.

MG I'm going to follow suit on the trip reports, I never thought mine would be that exciting for anyone to read :lol: but I'm going to give it a try this time.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Have you guys check pricing to San Juan, Puerto Rico and then doing a separate trip using Cape air to St. Thomas.
From Boston low end is below $500 and you get JetBlue direct for $550 (non vacation weeks).
I'm thinking strongly of being a traitor this year :oops: , as we had planned to go back to St. John this year . Right now airfare from Boston to Europe is under $800
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

Did find one concoction of flights that totaled up right at $500 ...but also added up to a total of 14+ hours of flights and layovers ....hubby says no way ! When we fly out of CLT it is 3.5 hours and we are coming down the steps to the tarmac ! Guess it all comes down to either paying the vultures their prices or losing a whole day of vacation on STJ "coming and going" . Just going to have to save a whole lot MORE money to make it next year ! Will be buying tickets to paradise for "6" again then ! Hmmmmm.....maybe mortage the house ! :wink: :cry:
" I believe there's Magic here...."
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

I have only been on the forum since 2009 which was our first trip to St. John. We have been visiting every other year since then. Usually around trip time I am active on the forum. The forum has changed over the years but there is still a wealth of information that I don't feel you can get anywhere else online.

I just put down the first installment for our next trip in March 2017 :D so I should be on the forum quite often in the next few months.
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Sad? I think it is sad that the most popular thread for the last several months is the one about how no one is posting here anymore.

"No one goes there anymore. It's too crowded." Yogi Berra

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

philbetm

Post by philbetm »

I'm the guilty party that started this thread ....you're right Jim...it has got a lot of post, more than I ever thought it would. :) But the upside of it I think is that it has gotten more people talking !!! :D I've got a lot of questions coming soon about the planning of next years trip ! Stay tuned...I really rely on everybody's wealth of knowledge.

By the way Coconuts....where is that surprise post you promised ?? :wink:

Sherry in SC
" I believe there's Magic here...."
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

Sorry, but we're running into technical issues. I hope these will be resolved soon, but it could take a few weeks. Stay tuned.

All the best,

Kevin
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

LOVE this forum!!! We finally booked flights for March 2017. Higher than I would have liked but with 8 people.....wanted to make sure things worked for the best. Got an awesome flight of out Flint of all places. Keep sharing everyone! The lurkers are still out there!!!