November Roll Call!

Travel discussion for St. John
kklay

November Roll Call!

Post by kklay »

Hello Forum Friends! Starting to get excited about my upcoming trip in Late November. Our group is arriving the week of Thanksgiving and we can't wait! Who knows, maybe I need to start laying out some items. Anyway - who else is going to be on island around that time? We usually cook out hot dogs on the beach a couple of times and it would be great to meet some new friends. Last year we met a nice family on Maho who were staying on STT and came over to STJ for the day. They had a couple of young children who were hungry and we shared our grilled hot dogs and had a nice conversation. Let's see who all will be on island!
PaminMaine

Re: November Roll Call!

Post by PaminMaine »

We will be arriving the week prior to your date! Myself and 2 friends celebrating our birthdays! It's getting close.. :D
ski2play

Post by ski2play »

We are on Jost Nov 14-25. If you come our way for the day let us know!
toni

Post by toni »

Group of 5 of us will be on island from the 12-19! My dear friend whom I was to lucky to meet via this forum (I'll let her chime in), our respective husbands and a great friend of hers will all be coming down for a stay. And skitoplay, Mike and I will be going to Jost for two days after at the Sandcastle so maybe we can meet you for lunch or something over there? You kindly answered a few questions for me on the TA forum about driving on Jost for a trip we took earlier this month.

So some of us would probably be available for a stj meet/greet :)

Toni
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

We soon come for Lil Cheeze's 17th Bday Nov 11-16

Dave
kklay

Post by kklay »

Bigcheese - looks like we will miss you this trip! We arrive on 11/22/16. I'm sure you will have a great time for your son's birthday.
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Blaine and I, and a newbie, will be on island with Mike and Toni! With any luck, Papabou too! It would be neat to meet up with a group. It tickled Toni, that Blaine and I did try to find the Sunday gettogethers back in the day, at Beach Bar. We went TWICE, and never found anyone, but heard about great times had. Well it turns out, we'd gone to High Tide, not Beach Bar. Not once, but TWICE! :lol: We are obviously not bar people!
kklay

Post by kklay »

Minde - when in November are you going to STJ?
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Nov 12-19th. We're going to miss you, Kklay :|
Your cook outs sound like a great way to spend some time together!
God willing, I'll be down again in February....
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Minde, we will be down from the 5-16 for the wedding. Stay in touch. We will be out and about all over the island but Coral Bay...not so much!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Absolutely, Knolmom! Will do!
ShaSha

Post by ShaSha »

Hi! All! We are on St. John Nov. 5-19th and would love to meet forum members!!! Lets make a place and date!
Connie

Post by Connie »

November 1-November 9 for us.
"Paradise...it's a state of mine"
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

I'm traveling with a newbie friend, we'll be on STT 11/11 moving to STJ 11/12 - 11/20 and we'll likely do a day trip to Jost one day during our stay. Sorry we'll miss you kklay.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

We are so happy that our son and his beautiful fiancée are continuing the tradition of being married on St John. Rich and I were married on Peter Bay on May 20,2000! We will arrive on Saturday Nov 5 so we can enjoy a mini vacay before the guests start to arrive. We plan to hit the beaches Sun- Tues. I always use a walker to get into the water so if you see that walker, I will be close by. We have a group of 36 people, most of whom are are under 45 arriving at different times on Wed the 9th. Then there will be a smattering of us old folks in our 60's, trying to keep up. We are having a pub crawl of sorts in Cruz Bay on Thursday night Nov 10. I presume that the bride-to-be will be wearing a mini- veil. The Wedding is Saturday at a private home. We have a permit for the Pavillion at Maho on Sunday for a barbecue. Many of us are going to sail on Kekoa on Tuesday night, Nov15.
Looking forward to seeing anyone who will be around! For those of you that are in a praying mood, please say a prayer for good weather.