November Roll Call!

Travel discussion for St. John
kklay

November Roll Call!

Post by kklay »

Hello Forum Friends! Starting to get excited about my upcoming trip in Late November. Our group is arriving the week of Thanksgiving and we can't wait! Who knows, maybe I need to start laying out some items. Anyway - who else is going to be on island around that time? We usually cook out hot dogs on the beach a couple of times and it would be great to meet some new friends. Last year we met a nice family on Maho who were staying on STT and came over to STJ for the day. They had a couple of young children who were hungry and we shared our grilled hot dogs and had a nice conversation. Let's see who all will be on island!
inuny

Re: November Roll Call!

Post by inuny »

How long are you staying on island?
kklay

Post by kklay »

We will be on island 12 days.
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Thinking you mentioned before that we'll just miss each other, we leave on the 20th.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

inuny

Post by inuny »

We'll be coming November 28
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

We will be on St John from Nov5-19. My son is being married in a villa in Chocolate Hole on Nov 12. We did the initial footwork when we visited last August, and we just returned from a week long trip with the bride and groom to be and the bride's family to tie up the loose ends. The bride and groom, the entire wedding party and most of their guests will be staying at 3 adjoining villas in Chocoate Hole. We are staying in a beautiful spot on Maria Bluff, just far enough away so as not to encroach on the young folks' partying! As they say, the groom's mother gets to " shut up, show up, and wear beige". Anyone who knows me knows that this might be a tall order,( my dress is the same color blue as Trunk Bay) so it is probably best that we are removed from the action and can enjoy the company of the like- minded "young -at -heart " party set at our house!
We will be out and about around the island with a pretty large group from the 9-16, so look out for us. I rented the party taxi to take at least 10 of us old folks. The groom, my other son, my sister and most of my cousins were here in 2000 for our wedding, so they all know their way around but I will be the designated driver for our crew. Most of the younger couples are getting their own jeeps. I hope I don't have a déjà-vu and have to make the Cruz Bay run when the bars close to collect them.
St John never gets old. We love it so, and, over the years since 1995, in over 35 visits, everyone but one couple who have traveled with us have" gotten it."! Both of my boys, and my nephews, have a special love for the island and I was overjoyed when his fiancée also fell in love with St John and wanted to be married here too! We hope to initiate a bunch of young newbies in November and have this next generation of visitors " get it" too!
kklay

Post by kklay »

Suziekue - you are correct, we arrive on the 22nd so we will just miss you. We leave on Dec 3rd. Although I miss being with family for Thanksgiving, by using the holiday we gain two additional days that we don't have to use vacation for. Prior to leaving formSTT I have to at least prepare my turkey dressing for my girls, so at least I am with them in spirit! There will be 6 in the Ohio group, 2 coming in on Thanksgiving from South Dakota (wonderful friends we met on island a few years ago) and another couple from New Jersey coming in the Saturday after Thanksgiving who own a house on island. We love to have fun and meet new people. Just look for the guys with the orange Woody's camo hats and cooler with the big beach wheels!