X on St. John is closed

Travel discussion for St. John
GraysonDave

X on St. John is closed

Post by GraysonDave »

Quite the little drama unfolding on their facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/xonstjohn/

I have no idea about the parties and whatnot so I can't take sides. I hope the owner shakes it off, and I hope good stuff emerges.
RickG

Re: X on St. John is closed

Post by RickG »

Lease expired with no renewal. X on St. Thomas is in Red Hook.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
equineannie

Post by equineannie »

All the best to all! Owning a business on the islands is very stressful, in itself, adding this mess from landlord's piles it on.
P-600

Post by P-600 »

X on St. Thomas is closed too.

Julie
Live from St.John
Facebook Group
USVI Guy

Post by USVI Guy »

Wow, I just read some of the past updates. I don't know all the details, but I never like to see an ugly dispute like this playing out publicly.

Unfortunately, this sort of thing happens to many businesses in many places. I know some businesses in the same local area in the mainland U.S., and they all lost their leases at around the same time. Different landlords were involved, and the businesses were largely successful, but the landlords didn't renew their leases or raised the rents dramatically to force them out so they could pursue better opportunities.

It's always a risk for businesses, especially in areas with higher demand, climbing lease prices, or landlords that would rather bring in a different kind of business or different business owners.