Cinnamon Ridge Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
choff17

Cinnamon Ridge Villa

Post by choff17 »

Hi,
We're taking our first trip to St. John in 3-1/2 weeks. We're staying at Cinnamon Ridge Villa, and was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about the villa. Have seen the photos -- booked it because of the view. How far from restaurants, the drive to the villa, the villa itself -- any info would be appreciated. Thanks
lark22

Re: Cinnamon Ridge Villa

Post by lark22 »

Hi! Congrats on your first trip to STJ! Welcome to your new obsession 8)

I've never stayed at that villa, but our most recent stay was at another house in the same neighborhood, and we loved it -- it's the best view on the island, in my opinion! I just wanted to stay at the house and gaze at the view all day.

The drive to the villa isn't bad -- the road is a bit bumpy, depends what you're used to. I had no problem with it!

The drive into either town (Coral Bay or Cruz Bay) for restaurants is about the same, roughly 20 minutes or so.

Did you order a copy of Pam Gaffin's 'Feet, Fins, and Four Wheel Drive', and Gerald Singer's 'St. John Off the Beaten Track'? Those two books were my favorite intros to the island & beaches, and a great resource to have on hand.

Hope this helps!
Pia

Post by Pia »

Currently they are paving the road so you can't get to the North Shore Beaches by going down you have to use Centerline Road however they might be finished by the time you are here.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
steveo2916

Post by steveo2916 »

This is a great villa that I have enjoyed several times. The kitchen remodel is since my last stay but it looks great! I love the pool and as others have said, the views are the best on the island as far as I'm concerned! Enjoy it!

Steve
choff17

Post by choff17 »

Thanks all for the help. Looking forward to our first visit to St. John.
Lark22 -- I did purchase Pam Gaffin's book. Have spent the past 18-20 years in Tortola & Anegada, so the driving should't be a problem at all. We got a nice non-stop flight to STT on Jet Blue on October 30. Quite a bit easier than getting to Tortola. Now, one more thing -- food shopping? Best stores? I guess we go to the villa first, then back to Cruz bay for some food shopping. Thanks all!!
steveo2916

Post by steveo2916 »

Your greeter may let you stop at the grocery on the way. Think you'll find Starfish has the best selection (you can see their weekly specials online). Dolphin Market by the traffic circle is another option although it's been years since I shopped there.

Have fun!!!

SteveO.