Post by iheartsj »

david@va.beach

Re: Vie's Snack Shop

Post by david@va.beach »

OMG what about her camp ground?
mdcoles1

Post by mdcoles1 »

2 weeks ago...the beach gate was locked and the self pay box was gone.
kklay

Post by kklay »

I just read the article - will miss going to Vie's and talking with her and her family. She was always very nice and loved the way she kept the beach up with chairs, etc. Her parking lot had beautiful bougainvillea bushes with brilliant flowers!
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

As an extra Vermonter who has seen the dilemma between the locals of keeping their land for their youth versus selling out with the unfortunate side effect being locals being priced out of their own community. This is another example like the Marina of the locals giving up on their island and selling and leaving. I.e. is Vie getting ready to sell her prime real estate as she sees no other alternative for her family and their livelihood :cry:
lark22

Post by lark22 »

:cry: I wish Ms Vie all the best, and thank her for the memories we have of sitting under that beautiful tree eating her delicious food many, many times over the past 10 years. We were super-fans! I made a 'Vie's Snack Shack' t-shirt for my husband one Christmas...he's worn it till it has holes in it, and still won't throw it out.

Ms Vie and her daughter were always so gracious and welcoming, and while I'm SO SAD that she's closing, I'm grateful for her hospitality and for sharing her little piece of St. John with all of us.
RickG

Post by RickG »

It's been a good long run and now the Snack Shack's time is over. This was my Father's favorite place on the island. He was happy to enjoy a bite to eat and enjoy the shade. This was the first place I tried, and loved, a custard apple. My kids are grown, but they visited from toddler to adult. Many great memories over 20 years of visits. the East End is a wonderful place with wonderful people.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Like so many of you, we've loved many wonderful afternoons at Vie's for years. Such a wonderful icon, and her daughter was just lovely to have met,as well,
So sad to realize how many generations will never have known that wonderful little family and her delightful dishes.
Thanks for the great food and memories.
Smiles -
MJ
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Sad to see Ms Vie's Snack Shack closing, on recent visits I had the pleasure of meeting her daughter too. We always enjoyed a relaxing break there and have met a few people sitting under the tree at the picnic table. I wish Vie and her family all the best!
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!