Cruz Bay Villa help

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

Cruz Bay Villa help

Post by mahojim »

Good morning.
Our party of 4 adults just may be in the market to rent a villa in/around Cruz Bay next May/June. My Sweetheart Amy and I are more into Coral Bay, but we're flexible, as our friends who have also been to STJ before, would like a walkable villa experience this time with a "downtown " feel and accessibility. Needs/hopefuls-
Private villa/ home
A.C.
Pool
Washer/dryer
2 bedroom
2 bathroom
(Given - patio with grill, etc...)
Budget @ $3,000-$4,000 for the week, after tax & tags.
Close walk to town..? Chocolate Hole, Fish Bay, etc... are not out of the question.
I'm looking forward to suggestions, but have no issue whatsoever staying over Coral Bay.
Thanks for your help.
Smiles -
MJ
ihochman

Re: Cruz Bay Villa help

Post by ihochman »

Good morning mahojim,
I think the best 2 bedroom,2 bath villa is Island Time. It's located on Devers Bay near Chocolate Hole. It has the most magnificent view and has a pool and hot tub. The second bedroom and bathroom is in a separate pod, great for privacy. The villa has AC at least in the bedrooms. We rented thru Caribbean Villas and have stayed there 4 different times and have always loved it. It's not very big but just perfect for 4 people. Check it out.
nothintolose

Post by nothintolose »

Our favorite villa in Cruz Bay is Argonauta. It is full a/c and the views are amazing! It's also just a quick drive from town; I wouldn't walk it though. This would go slightly over your budget with taxes and fees but still worth looking into. The two best bedrooms for views are in the pod. I don't have any complaints about this villa and could sit on that veranda forever! The pool is small but perfect for what we use it for...standing or floating and having cocktails.

We have also stayed at Serenity (also full a/c) a few times when it was just two couples and Argo was booked. It's cheaper and still has nice views just not as nice as the ones from Argo. The bathrooms are small in this one, one smaller than the other.

We have stayed at Argonauta 4 and Serenity 3 times. We have stayed at other places, but those are our two favorites. We like to stay on bluffs so we don't have alot of villas in our view. If you have any questions about either, I will be glad to answer.
"Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews Band
GidgetPicklebrain

Post by GidgetPicklebrain »

Will put in a second vote for Island Time on Devers - but i owuld not consdier it "walkable" to town. A short drive, but I wouldn't want to walk it.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Confucius

BillVT

Post by BillVT »

I have an under budget suggestion. Take a look at Sunset Ridge Villas. It is just above Sirenusa. There are 6, 2 building units and at that time of the year, there is low occupancy so sharing the pool may not be an issue. Each bedroom will be in a separate building and the views are fantastic. You can walk into town but it is a bit of hike, especially on the uphill return. We have done it ourselves several times (we are in our 60's) but prefer to drive. Currently there is A/C available in only one of the two buildings of each unit. Take a look and PM me if you have any questions. It is managed by Cimmaron St. John.
http://sunsetridgevillas.com/index.shtml
kklay

Post by kklay »

Take a look at the Palm terrace condos thou Destination St John or google Bougainvillea villa, Blue Coral or Tropical Blessings. These are 3 bedroom/3 baths but very nice and easily walkable to town. I believe the low season rates are within your budget.
Chardonnay

Post by Chardonnay »

Hi majojim - you may like our villa Solare in Great Cruz Bay Estates. Main house has 2 equal master bedrooms with ensuite baths and AC. Walkable neighborhood around Maria's Bluff and the Westin hotel. Great sunset views and the "lights of St Thomas" in the evening. Pool and covered patio with porches off bedrooms. Laundry room on main level behind the kitchen. https://www.vrbo.com/466293 http://Www.villasolare.com
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

mahojim , Check out Exotic View Villa with Viva! Probably not something you would really want to walk from....but definitely a short drive into town. We have been eyeing it quite a bit ! Good price for two couples. :)

Sherry in SC
" I believe there's Magic here...."
jayseadee

Post by jayseadee »

This place has always intrigued me. Right at the point across for Gallows Point. Not everything on your list -

http://www.gallowspointseaview.com
janet
rpurkey

Post by rpurkey »

We had many of the same items on our wish list and chose TROPICAL PANORAMA.

It has great reviews and is very close to town. Large pool, etc.

Won't be their until March so I can't be 100% but we are excited about our choice.

http://www.tropicalpanorama.com/about/