November 14th SUPERMOON

Travel discussion for St. John
RockyMtHi

November 14th SUPERMOON

Post by RockyMtHi »

I just learned there will be the largest SUPERMOON in years on November 14th while our group will be on St John. Does anyone know of any special plans on island to celebrate?
Gigi

Re: November 14th SUPERMOON

Post by Gigi »

We are getting married on trunk bay! :D
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Gigi - congratulations & best wishes!

RockyMtHi - I'm not aware of anything, I didn't even know about the Supermoon until I saw your post. We'll be there too so interested! Excited to see it.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Miss Lucy's hosts a full moon party monthly (when it's open, which it will be in November). There's a pig roast and live music. It could be especially fun during the supermoon!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
kklay

Post by kklay »

It would be a great time to be on STJ. Not sure where you are staying but just sitting outside with a drink in your hand watching the moon and stars would be wonderful! I know some of the bars in the Cruz Bay area will advertise some special events during a full moon.
RockyMtHi

Post by RockyMtHi »

Thanks to all for your reply. Love the marriage happening on Trunk that night. Have met many couples over the years when on island that were married there and return for their anniversary. Best of luck! Miss Lucy's sounds like the way to go. Anybody know of parties on St Thomas if we took the ferry back over?
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

Our son is being married on St John on Nov12. We will have a group of about 30 people and will be sure to come into Cruz Nay that night.
stewdog11

Post by stewdog11 »

best wishes to all those getting married !!! My wife and I were married nov 11 2003 on st john. We will be there starting on the 12th to celebrate our special day at our special place. Hope you all have great weather!!

GIGI, we were supposed to get married on Trunk Bay and it rained the day of our wedding and for the next five. Anyone who was on island at the time will never forget it. I believe the total was 20 inches of rain in 6 days or so. we ended up getting married at our villa by candlelight (lost power) with 60 of our closest friends. Will never forget it. Looking forward to the super moon. Good luck!!
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Thanks for this info! We'll be sure to plan that evening accordingly!
Knolmom

Post by Knolmom »

stew dog...love your wedding story. Congratulations on your upcoming anniversary! Talk about making lemonade out of lemons! We were married on St John 5/20/2000 on Peter Bay. It was supposed to be on the beach but we elected to stay under cover at the villa because it rained on and off all morning. Happy that my son and his fiancée are following in your tradition as well as ours. I hope my future DIL doesn't read your post about the weather or there will not be enough Valium in the world to calm her nerves for the next three weeks!
kklay

Post by kklay »

Stewdog - we were on island that same time back in 2003. You are correct, you'll never forget that time! There were 12 of us I believe and we made the best of it - umbrellas and all!
Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Congrats to all the people getting married and to the ones who have been! We'll be on the Rock that weekend for DD Sydney's(Lil Cheese) 17th Bday.