Answers???

Travel discussion for St. John
northerngal

Answers???

Post by northerngal »

I'm doing the bare minimum of planning for our March trip but there are a few things we do not want to miss! Can someone tell me if they are sit doing "Open Mic" at Concorida? We LOVE those nights just the view and seeing everyone jamming!
Also, what day does the Reef Bay hike run? I thought we went on Wednesday before but now they are on Tuesdays. they only have their schedule up through the end of the year. We are looking at a boat trip also but didn't want to book the days these things happen. THANKS!
Also, do you think that will be too much in one 10 day trip???? a group of 8 with 6 newbies!
stjohnjulie

Re: Answers???

Post by stjohnjulie »

Looks like the Reef Bay guided hike is going to be offered Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday, here is a link http://www.friendsvinp.org/news-a-event ... ing-events

I would say for Concordia's schedule you are going to have to check closer to your arrival. There is new ownership, and they say that things should stay pretty much the same for this season, but you never know... Here is a link to an article about that : http://www.stjohntradewindsnews.com/con ... velopment/
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

Thanks! I hope there are not too many changes!
mrscherry2000

Post by mrscherry2000 »

One thing I'd also recommend to maximize my time is to check out the cruise ship schedule at:
http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/US_V ... mber_2016/ I try to go to Honeymoon or Trunk on days when no ships are in port. This will save a bit of time on island so you don't head to one of the popular beaches on a day it will likely get busy.
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

Thanks, I hadn't seen that link but like it! I need to find away to save all these links!
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

northerngal wrote:Thanks, I hadn't seen that link but like it! I need to find away to save all these links!
My trick is to save it on a thread like this, so I know where to go to find everything. Then you bump it up a couple times over the course next few months, so it's easy to find :lol: :twisted: :roll:
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

how do you save it?
ShaSha

Post by ShaSha »

norhterngal, I just put it in as a favorite and that saves it to my list
Eric on St John

Post by Eric on St John »

Open mic starts again at Concordia after Thanksgiving.....You should be able to catch Lauren at Aqua Bistro before Thanksgiving on Sundays
Eric on St John
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

FWIW: we did the Reef Bay hike in both directions and it wasn't hard, despite all the warnings you read about the return trip. AND we had no water for our return! (I had 2 gallons in a locked KYSS bag chained to a tree... apparently the 'theft proof' bag is not theft proof, so our lunches and our water for the hike back were stolen. And my Jeep key. :evil: ) In any case, we were happy to do the hike in both directions.

It's an awesome hike! Enjoy!