Dry storage for valuables

Travel discussion for St. John
Suziekue

Dry storage for valuables

Post by Suziekue »

Hi All, a while ago someone posted about an item to keep your phone, passport, cash & keys safe in the water. Does anyone know what that is called, we think we should invest in them.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

mrscherry2000

Re: Dry storage for valuables

Post by mrscherry2000 »

I use a bag called an AquaPac, I bought it about 10 years ago but it's similar to this one:
https://www.amazon.com/Aquapac-Waterpro ... %3AAquapac

It floats behind you as you snorkel. I detach the strap from one side and attach it to my swimsuit.

I put my cash, credit card, jeep key, phone and my husband's inhaler in it. Allows me to enjoy snorkeling with my husband much more since I'm not constantly keeping an eye on the beach at my stuff. I wouldn't recommend bringing your passport around with you (unless your a non-US citizen) and leaving that back in your villa somewhere secure. I only say that because your hands might be wet pulling stuff out and that's not especially good for keeping your passport in good condition.
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Thank you mrscherry2000. We're planning a day trip to the BVI's so that's why we'd be caring our passports with us, all other times we'll leave those at the villa.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

Joppa

Post by Joppa »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B4 ... UTF8&psc=1 This is what I use. I highly recommend getting something. I have always used one and don't leave any valuables on the beach. More than once I have watched from the water as someone checks out our stuff on the beach.
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Thank you but I've gathered more info, we are going on a day trip that we thought we needed this for but we can leave things in the boat.

ShaSha

Post by ShaSha »

I just ordered mine from your suggestion on yours! We are going on a day trip to the other Islands also and I know from the past trips sometimes you have to drop into the water and walk swim or wade into the beach. we have smaller dry packs but I like the size of the larger ones for more Items!! Thanks!!
ncsusan

Post by ncsusan »

We bought a waterproof backpack for our last trip and it was great. We put all of our clothes, wallets, cell phones into it for a boat trip and everything stayed dry. The company is Drycase. (Drycase.com) They have other waterproof products too but we didn't use those. We also bought a waterproof cast cover for my daughter who had broken her arm two days before our trip from their other company Drypro. She didn't miss out on any fun and swam the whole week. That was well worth the money we paid for it! Since we've been home, we have lent it to another friend who also used it.