Philly to STT

Travel discussion for St. John
jaybfloyd

Philly to STT

Post by jaybfloyd »

Has anyone flown from Philly to STT at a reasonable price? I usually fly out of JFK because it's the cheapest but logistically, it's easier for us to fly out of Philly. I don't want to pass up the good fares at JFK waiting for Philly to go lower if historically, it hasn't happened. Thanks for the help!!
Timo

Re: Philly to STT

Post by Timo »

I'm in the same boat jaybfloyd. Heading down with family in April and yes, JFK always has the lowest prices but the trip from LBI area in Jersey is a haul. I can be in Philly in around a hour 15 with drive to JFK with out any traffic then parking is 2 hours. Been checking prices every day and the fare from PHL non stop is hovering around $700 with JFK at $525 and Newark is $1000. Saw a flight from Newark a month ago non stop at $500 but, I did not have confirmation on Villa (Villa Tesori) at that time.
stewdog11

Post by stewdog11 »

same boat. Really frustrating, I can be at PHL in 20 min but the prices are just outrageous compared to newark or JFK. We are leaving nov 12 out of newark for less than 500 PP. Found airfare for May out of JFK two weeks ago for 375 PP round trip direct both ways !!! Never see that in PHL
joshua

Post by joshua »

Interesting that if you fly Harrisburg(MDT) to Philadelphia(PHL) to connect to the direct flight it is usually about $150 cheaper than just the direct...we've used that path several times. No wonder the airlines are in trouble...
Try one of your local airports, if any.
We're closer to MDT but have driven to BWI, PHL.
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Not my favorite choice, but also check out Spirit Airlines out of Atlantic City.
Smiles -
MJ
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Just saw flights out of JFK, direct, for cheaper as hell. But where where would we park? Cost-effective?
stewdog11

Post by stewdog11 »

hey maho, yeh I've noticed recently the prices from JFK are really cheap. less than 400 direct round trip. Ive never seen it so cheap. Capiegirl who is either on this board or the trip advisor board mentioned she stays over night at the airport day before and can walk to terminal the next day.... Ive always flown out of newark and stay at the best western the night before which is right next door to the long term parking facility we stay at for the week.
dctac

Post by dctac »

Just bought my kids tickets a couple weeks ago on AA from Philly for 699.00 for beginning February. I've been using miles for wife and I so the 1.5 hr drive far outweights a three hour drive to JFK (I'm at exit Zero on parkway). What airline are you using up there?
Some years I'm bring 6 kids and grand kids! This year only 4 are along.....
I have been thinking about giving JFK a shot to see how it goes
stewdog11

Post by stewdog11 »

mahojim, we pay $75 to park for the week and $125 for the hotel but we save at least $200 per ticket by flying out of newark. It is painless. We go up to newark day before we leave and stay at the best western I mentioned earlier which shares a fence with the long term parking facility we leave the car for the week. This way we wake up refreshed, no hassle driving from Philly day of trip etc. From the time we walk out of the BW to the time we are in the airport is about 30 min tops!!

dctac, iv'e never flown out of JFK but if I keep seeing sub 400 prices I will be soon!! I know in a previous thread capiegirl, who I believe comes down from boston, stays at the airport the night before departure and walks to the terminal from where she is staying. Sounds like a no brainer to me. Need to find that thread. She might be on the trip adviser board for st john, I can't remember
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

We rarely fly out of PHL and it's the closest airport as we live in Chester County PA. One of those rare times was back in August and it was a whopping 650.00 RT, ouch. This March we are flying out of BWI as I don't want to drive to JFK, sounds like to much of a hassle.
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

Wow you people are lucky. We have to fly out of SAV or CHS and we rarely see flights for less than $600 with just one stop. Once had a good price of SAV-JFK-STT for $400 but it too long a day and we probably would have had to spend the night in STT. Another time it was CHS-MIA-SJU-STT - too much can wrong with an additional stop. We just booked our 05/24-06/03 tickets for < $600 and were happy with that. The other couples waited and it no longer that low.
psufan

Post by psufan »

Check the fares out of Lehigh Valley (ABE) Airport. The flights aren't non-stop but I found flights from ABE in late February for $516 pp. They usually aren't a great deal but we jumped on them becasue of the convenience. The connecting flight is in PHL but when I looked into the price of flying direct on that same flight it was $200 pp more expensive! ABE is truly a hassle free airport. The choice was a no-brainer. Can't beat the cost out of JFK but we have come to the conclusion that it isn't worth the hassle. We usually fly out of EWR but the flights were more expensive. I have found that PHL flights are never cheap.
Timo

Post by Timo »

Just found RT non stop from JFK-STT end of April 2017 for $377.00. Think I'm going to book it. Seven of us going and even chipping in on a van service from local limo company it's still worth it. Seats aren't the best but the times and price are!!
Does anyone know why when booking on Expedia you only have the option for 6 on the the number of travelers drop down?
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

We are also paying 377.00 RT, BWI-SJU, SJU-STT in March, pretty good deal I'd say!
jaybfloyd

Post by jaybfloyd »

What were the times on that BWI connecting flight? Probably took up most of day 1, correct?