Necker Island Tour?

Travel discussion for St. John
Myheart'sinSTJ

Necker Island Tour?

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

We will be going down to STJ in March for 6 nights then heading over to Virgin Gorda for 4 nights. I remember reading somewhere there is a Necker Island tour but can't remember where I read it. Has anyone ever done this? Thanks in advance for any replies. :wink:
equineannie

Re: Necker Island Tour?

Post by equineannie »

Not sure, I know they stopped after the fire there a few years ago. You could check out BVIs website and verify.
happycanesfan

Post by happycanesfan »

Check out http://www.seaitcleartours.com/necker-tour. I have not done this but it has been on our todo list for a while.
Pia

Post by Pia »

We have done it with Gumption (January this year) - great tour however the house is no longer included as someone posted photos on social media but (imo) still a great tour. He posts the dates on Facebook - just follow him and them book as soon as they are released as they go fast.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
PA Girl

Post by PA Girl »

We did the tour in mid February of this year.

We did tour the house so that restriction must have been lifted or maybe we were allowed in because our group was so small (4 adults + 1 child). The house was interesting to see and the staff served us juices and let us look around the main area. My son was blown away by the house turtles that live inside. We got some cool family pictures (with permission) up on the crows nest over towards Virgin Gorda.

We all thought it was an interesting trip. I will say on our day at least, the trip focused on how the island runs and the animals. We found the physical plant structure and the operation of the island to be very interesting, the other couple seemed to be bored with that part. The island was hopping the day we were there. In fact, we were rushed off the dock and away from the arrival area because guests were arriving. The greeting committee was all "leave NOW!!!"

We did not go to the beach but did hike up over the hill to see the flamingos and then up to the gift shop and the main house. There was a decent amount of walking and it was HOT.

The animals were the reason we went to Necker and those did not disappoint. The lemurs jump and slobber all over you so if you don't like animals, you might want to stay outside the pen for that part.
Pia

Post by Pia »

No PA Girl it is no longer allowed. It went in to effect in April of this year - we did it in January and part of our group did it again in April when Gumption told them "no more house tours because of past guests posting interior photos on social media"

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Myheart'sinSTJ

Post by Myheart'sinSTJ »

Thank you all so much for the information, all I can do is hope they offer tour dates when we are on Virgin Gorda. And it really sucks that people that can't follow rules ruin it for everyone else (regarding touring the house).

Thanks again!! 8)