Senatorial candidate

Travel discussion for St. John
Exit Zero

Senatorial candidate

Post by Exit Zero »

I just came back from voting in our local election and was very disappointed to see that only 1 person on STJ was running for the very important Senator at Large - I am certainly not demeaning that individual at all -- but to think that only one resident of STJ cares enough to make an effort to represent STJ in our Legislature is indicative to me of the apathetic attitude of that island residents and yet they are quick to complain of unfair treatment on many fronts.
Shame on STJ - this a democracy and only giving the people of the USVI 1 person to choose from -- [no matter how good he may be!!] --- is a strong statement of attitude.
Exit Zero

Re: Senatorial candidate

Post by Exit Zero »

For those of you who are not familiar with our Legislature - 7 Senators from STT - 7 Senators from STX and 1 at Large Senator who must reside on STJ but the At large Senator is the ONLY candidate voted on by all residents of the USVI and is a very strong position.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Interesting info from you Exit Zero, as always!
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

I do understand there is a 'write in' option.
It would have to be an incredible effort and campaign to overcome having just one name on the ballot.