South Shore Area

Travel discussion for St. John
michiganfamily

South Shore Area

Post by michiganfamily »

Quick question for St. John experts. We have always stayed in Coral Bay or Peter Bay area. We are currently looking at a villa that is in the South Shore Area overlooking Rendezvous Bay. Its amazing we have been to St. John several times but have really not spent much time in this area. Can someone please tell me how this area is? The good and bad (probably no bad its St. John). Thank you!
kklay

Re: South Shore Area

Post by kklay »

We have stayed in this area a couple of times and love the views. There are also areas where you can get down to the beach. Many of the villas have great outdoor areas (we've stayed at Vistaero - now called something else, Villa Sanctuary, Chateau Le Tete Rouge)
Joppa

Post by Joppa »

It's much quieter than Coral Bay. I stayed in that area for 10 days and never saw or heard a rooster, donkey, or goat.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Pros: quiet, great mix of ocean and valley views

Con: one of the furthest neighborhoods from the North Shore beaches.
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
RickG

Post by RickG »

When the wind is blowing from the east or southeast in the winter the villa pool can be quite chili on the south side. Over the years this was a more frequent complaint than the longer drive to the north shore and Coral Bay. Me? I like not having to run the a/c and keeping a blanket on the bunk with no bugs.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI