Has John Head road reopened?

Travel discussion for St. John
lark22

Has John Head road reopened?

Post by lark22 »

We're considering a last-minute trip, and a closed John Head road would affect our choice of villa. Can anyone let me know the status? I couldn't find much current info online.

Thanks very much!
iheartsj

Re: Has John Head road reopened?

Post by iheartsj »

The park should know. Give them a call. 340-776-6201
lark22

Post by lark22 »

lol, goes to show how much I rely on the internet -- didn't occur to me to call! Great idea, I'll check in with them tomorrow :)
steve

Post by steve »

We are staying at La Jolla Caribe this week. Gorgeous. John Head Road is now paved from top to bottom except for the portion near the ruins at centerline and then the last switchback near N. Shore Rd. We drove it yesterday, they are still doing a little bit of cleanup but all the paving is done, drains are in et Cetera. Even the stretch of road from John head to La Jolla Caribe on Watapama is nicely paved straight up the driveway.! The barricades are still loosely up but I suspect they will come down shortly. What a great improvement!!
Steve, St John frequent flyer
choff17

Post by choff17 »

Was there last week at Cinnamon Ridge at the end of Watapama Road. Road was closed from Watapama down to Route 20.
Andrea266

Post by Andrea266 »

I ran that road today and Steve's description is accurate. It is almost fully paved and very passable.
steve

Post by steve »

Today I did two runs back-and-forth from La Jolla Caribe to north shore beaches. Smooth sailing, less than five minutes! A new record! All the barricades are pulled aside. #lajollacaribe
steve

Post by steve »

Today I did two runs back-and-forth from La Jolla Caribe to north shore beaches. Smooth sailing, less than five minutes! A new record! All the barricades are pulled aside. #lajollacaribe
lark22

Post by lark22 »

Thanks, all! Very helpful!