Alice by the Sea - my review

Travel discussion for St. John
mindehankins

Alice by the Sea - my review

Post by mindehankins »

Our group of friends had the pleasure of spending a week at Alice by the Sea, in early November. We cannot say enough wonderful things about this villa - it is so very lovely, comfortable, and stocked with every possible amenity!!!

The location of Alice, on the quiet side of the island, in Coral Bay, allowed us to really decompress and relax. The drive is easy, and completely paved, as is the driveway. There is easy parking for 2 vehicles and maybe even 3. Every day, we noticed there was some landscaping feature to focus on. It was fun to see new blooms in different spots, every day!. Our favorite was what we called the Dr. Seuss tree - with puffy pinkish blossoms. There is also a fruit and nut garden on property!

The photos of the property are accurate. While the decor is straight out of a coastal decorating photo spread, the furnishings were very comfortable also. I wouldn't be afraid to have kids vacationing in the home, and my husband could put his feet up and not worry about me catching him! This is a home your can truly relax in. Wifi worked great, and there is a landline so you can call home to check in, if needed, or make dinner reservations.

The bedrooms were all comfortable, and set up the way we requested. The twin beds in one bedroom were combined to make a king bed, and the occupant of that room said the bed was so comfortable she wouldn't have known it could be made into twins. There is comfortable seating in each bedroom, and ample storage space, along with a television. The bathrooms are luxurious - we just loved the Hammam pestemal towels provided - so soft against sunned skin!

The kitchen was stocked with every possible item you could need, for meals big or small. My pet peeve in villa rentals is dull knives - I was so happy to find good sharp knives and a sharpener :) And quality cookware, with no peeling teflon or mismatched lids to pans! Not only was everything present, everything worked, perfectly! There were no maintenance issues to contend with! There are also plenty of wraps, bags, foils, and paper products.

The pool is HEATED, so it is a comfortable temperature even at night or early morning. The new pool ledge allows you to sit comfortably in the water, and read or sun yourself. The pool furniture is comfortable, and there were even chaise loungers that were higher off the ground, for those with mobility issues. The poolside kitchen was so helpful, and we appreciated the single burner as well as the grill. There is a freezer full of ice cubes to keep drinks cold, and coolers filled, and a good sized refrigerator as well. We were lacking for NOTHING, at Alice by the Sea.

The owner, Lori, stayed in contact with us and checked in on us during our stay, and the property manager, Gwen, guided us to the villa and made certain that everything was just perfect.

We have stayed in villas all over STJ, and this was far and away our favorite. The breezes coming across the veranda each evening were the best we've ever experienced, and we were more comfortable here than even up atop Calabash Boom. Alice by the Sea is perfection on STJ. We can't wait to return!
northerngal

Re: Alice by the Sea - my review

Post by northerngal »

OHHHHH!!!! We have been wanting to stay there and just can't seem to make it work out! I'm glad to hear it is so wonderful! Thanks for your report!
Pulley

Post by Pulley »

Looks like a great villa!
jimg20

Post by jimg20 »

Yeah, what Minde said.

JIM
Man it's like some dream we live down here....