Budget/Thrifty

Travel discussion for St. John
DuxDweller

Budget/Thrifty

Post by DuxDweller »

Hi All. I know I'd prefer to rent on STJ - but very limited options for me this trip (late decision making!). Are there any issues/prohibitions in bringing a Thrifty or Budget rental over from STT?
Teresa_Rae

Re: Budget/Thrifty

Post by Teresa_Rae »

We used to be loyal to Budget but after 3 trips in a row of waiting for hours for a Jeep to arrive at the airport so we could leave, we're done with them. No problems taking their Jeeps on the ferry, though.

I'm not sure about Thrifty.

I'm guessing that Amalie is booked?
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
DuxDweller

Post by DuxDweller »

Yes, Amalie is booked up. My main concern was taking it over to STJ- but Insuppose the cars are pretty new and therefore the chance of a breakdown isn't too big.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

DuxDweller wrote:Yes, Amalie is booked up. My main concern was taking it over to STJ- but Insuppose the cars are pretty new and therefore the chance of a breakdown isn't too big.
It's been a few years but we've rented from Budget 9 or 10 times and only got a newish vehicle once or twice. We had Jeeps that were in pretty rough shape from Budget (like soft top Jeeps that had the back and side plastic zipper windows missing...and a Jeep that had a hole in the floorboard so I could see the road as we drove). That said, we never had a breakdown :wink:

I don't know what Budget's inventory is like these days.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain