Car Barge Update

Travel discussion for St. John
iheartsj

Car Barge Update

Post by iheartsj »

Copied from a news article.

Just in time for the peak holiday season, the inter-island barge service is down to two barges as one of the two large barges in the fleet may not be back in service until days before Christmas at the earliest.
“The M/V Capt Vic is undergoing its regular bi-annual Coast Guard dry-docking beginning Thursday, December 8, 2016,” according to an announcement from operator Love City Car Ferries. “It is estimated that the dry-docking will take approximately two weeks. We hope to be finished sooner.”
KAY

Re: Car Barge Update

Post by KAY »

Hope it is sooner than later. Thank you for the updates!!
equineannie

Post by equineannie »

Wouldn't a business owner strive to do maintenance, of any kind, outside of the busiest season of their business? LOL
loria

Post by loria »

i think this is scheduled by the coast guard on their schedule -- so i don;t think that Love city could do anything about it
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
Pia

Post by Pia »

Yep Loria is correct - you have no say in scheduling for US Coast Guard - you are given an expiration date of certificate and you have to get inspection before it expires so I guess their certificate expires December 31st so they need everything to be in working order (so any repairs need to be completed before inspection) before their inspection date to avoid failing.

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties