Ten Bay 10K - How was it?

Travel discussion for St. John
chicagoans

Ten Bay 10K - How was it?

Post by chicagoans »

I would love to hear from anyone who did the 10K! My apologies if I missed a trip report. I love 8 Tuff but had to skip it for a few years due to schedule issues. I'm hoping that the 10k takes place next year and would love to hear how it went this year!
lark22

Re: Ten Bay 10K - How was it?

Post by lark22 »

*following* :)
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

Let me see going to hop on a plane, fly to a gorgeous tropical island with phenomenal snorkeling, but no................................................ I'm going to go running Instead! I know it's cold in Illinois and the cold does affect your brain..................... :twisted:

Just kidding have to have some fun. It's Christmas time Chicagoans I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a happy new year
Exit Zero

Post by Exit Zero »

hope this helps -- I could never run/make that race.

http://stjohnsource.com/content/news/lo ... en-bay-10k
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

shoemak you're funny :D

Yes the cold does affect my brain! :shock:

But even as a very average, 50+ runner I have had SO much fun doing 8 Tuff! The fellow racers and especially the road side volunteers make it a great event. And drinking pain killers at 9:30 in the morning after running the race... now, THAT'S a celebration!
Mplsray

Post by Mplsray »

I ran it (or more accurately, jogged once in a while and did far too much walking), along with my two daughters and their boyfriends. It was a hoot, and yes it was hard. My one goal was to not get kicked off the course before it closed and I did manage that. Came in second to last and I'm just fine with that. I don't think anyone dropped out or got kicked off the course. It was a fairly small, healthy looking group.

I ran 8 Tuff Miles a long time ago (maybe more than 10 years ago?). Since I was substantially younger and in better shape then, that race seemed easier.
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Mplsray - thank you for responding! How fun to do the race with your daughters and their BFs! (Two of my 3 times doing 8 Tuff was with my kids, and I loved doing it with them!)

I'm a bit worried that 8 Tuff felt easier! I was hoping that Ten Bay 10k - shorter race with less elevation - would feel easier than 8 Tuff! (I totally understand the age issue though; my first 8 Tuff was 2012 to celebrate turning 50; by the time I do Ten Bay 10k my knees will be 5 years older and crankier.) But I guess I'll just have to try it and see how it goes :)