Coral Bay/East End Eats

Travel discussion for St. John
ClevelandDave

Coral Bay/East End Eats

Post by ClevelandDave »

Hey Gang

On our way soon and wanted to check on recommendations for eats out East (groceries and bars/restaurants). Cruz Bay food is well covered, but with the closings out East over the last few months/years I've sorta lost my bearings.

Any input?

Dave
toni

Re: Coral Bay/East End Eats

Post by toni »

Casual? Where we see a lot of locals eat....http://oasisstjohn.com
Yummy food, well priced. Ate here twice. They post their menu usually on FB so you can see what they have every night because it changes.

Dolphin Market in Coccoloba Plaza has a decent grocery selection.

Skinny's always pleases as does Shipwreck Landing and Indigo Grill was good though the server was a little quirky.

Didn't enjoy Skipper's Brit Pub.

Enjoy!
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Hi Dave, we hung out in Coral Bay most evenings based on our villa location. We had Sunday brunch at Miss Lucy's, lunch at Skinny's, happy hour and dinner a couple times at Aqua Bistro & indigo Grill. We were never disappointed.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

iheartsj

Post by iheartsj »

A couple places to add to the lists.

Calabash Market is good for fresh meats. Love City Mini Mart "We have everything" for cold beer.

Triple B for breakfast. Formerly a food truck but currently operating from the Oasis restaurant building. Pickles Deli for breakfast and great sandwiches. We also pick up sandwiches here on the way to the beach.

The old Voyages building has been renovated and reopened. An asian cuisine restaurant to open soon.
ClevelandDave

Post by ClevelandDave »

Thanks folks! I think we're in great shape now.

Any love out there for Ekaete Pink Corner? Sounds awesome! Gonna get me some curried goat! mmmmm

Dave
mahojim

Post by mahojim »

Another few votes for Pickles, Oasis, Aqua Bistro, and Shipwreck Landing.
Smiles-
MJ
mindehankins

Post by mindehankins »

Another vote for Coral Bay Caribbean Oasis! Yummmmy! If you're there on Tuesday, be sure to check their menu for it, and get there early - Chicken fried chicken with honey pecan sauce is my favorite, and often offered on Tuesdays!
iheartsj

Post by iheartsj »

Oasis has BBQ every Friday.
ClevelandDave

Post by ClevelandDave »

Wow! Fridays look like one heck of a choice. BBQ at Oasis or Ponzu Tuna at Aqua Bistro.

Oh, wait...we're on-island for TWO Fridays. WhooHoo!!

Life is good

Dave
pk14

Post by pk14 »

If you're a fan of prime rib, do yourself a favor and get to Aqua Bistro on Wednesday nights....absolutely fantastic, in my humble opinion! Also be sure to check out Indigo Grill and order some of their tater tots as an appetizer....tons of flavors to choose from. They're great after a long day at the beach, combined with your favorite beverage.