Tamarind villa

Travel discussion for St. John
lovest.john

Tamarind villa

Post by lovest.john »

I believe this is the old name of the villa (with the kidney-shaped pool) behind Lavender Hill. Does anyone know the new name and if it is currently being rented? TIA. :D
BillVT

Re: Tamarind villa

Post by BillVT »

lovest.john
I don't have answer for you. The last I heard, it had been sold to a private owner. I too have been interested in this villa for years. When our children were younger we rented it for a week and had a great time there. It may have been seven years ago and it was long in the tooth then, but that pool was great and the property had such potential. If we had the million asking price and another half million to renovate it we would have.
lovest.john

Post by lovest.john »

Thanks BillVT - I remember reading, within the last 6-9 months, a review of a villa and I'm pretty sure it was this one. I can't remember the name or where I saw the review, though.
lovest.john

Post by lovest.john »

Found it: https://www.vrbo.com/749834

Now called Tropical Panorama. Looks wonderful, unfortunately out of my budget. :(
BillVT

Post by BillVT »

It is nice to see that someone has put some money into the place. It has a great location, especially for families who want to be close to town or avoid driving. When we had stayed there seven years ago it was like walking back in time to when the villa had been first constructed in the ’70’s including the furnishings. The landscaping around the pool needed tending and all the bedrooms required updating. I am sure the current owners would hate to hear me say it, but it is the perfect party house and a quick walk around the house and grounds would confirm it.

We would stay there again if we weren’t timeshare owners now.