Car Barge Schedules

Travel discussion for St. John
iheartsj

Car Barge Schedules

Post by iheartsj »

Since things have been so chaotic with the car barges, a new Facebook page has been created. It is called "St. John Car Barge Schedule".

It is new and will require input from car barge users to be successful. We recently cancelled a trip to St. Thomas based on info on this page.

You may find it helpful if planning a trip.
loria

Re: Car Barge Schedules

Post by loria »

thanks .... ugh -- i heard it ws down to one the other day --
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

We usually rent our Jeeps on STT and take the car barge over ....but renting on STJ this year due to the scary thought that we could spend all day just trying to get over. :roll:

Boy that was a long sentence . :oops:

Sherry in SC
" I believe there's Magic here...."
northerngal

Post by northerngal »

I'm not seeing the site on Facebook....getting worried, leaving 2/27.......
Timo

Post by Timo »

Wow, what a disaster the whole car barge thing has turned into. Last few trips we have rented from Amalie on STT but, as other posts have said, looks like we are going to go with someone on STJ. Who are the best folks to rent from on STJ? Have a group of 7 adults; and looking to probably getting 2-3 jeeps so everyone can do their own thing.
rpurkey

Post by rpurkey »

We have used St. John Car Rental in the past and had no troubles. Will be down there again in March and have booked them again.

For me, it is not worth the mental anxiety that this whole car barge schedule brings on. I agree that in a perfect world you load your bags one time at the airport and then drive straight to the Villa. However, the alternative of waiting for half a day with the wife and three kids is a chance I am simply unwilling to take!