Where to stay for 2 days

Travel discussion for St. John
JohnThomas

Where to stay for 2 days

Post by JohnThomas »

Hi everyone! Going down in June for 9 days. We have a place for 7 days but need accommodations the first 2 days. Any recommendations? Location is flexible as we are renting a jeep. 3 adults and 1 child. Thanks in advance! :)
RickG

Re: Where to stay for 2 days

Post by RickG »

Check out St. John Inn and the Inn at Tamarind Court. We've stayed at boat and like the basic accommodations. A lot of places have a 3-night minimum that time of year. More options on St. Thomas.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
JohnThomas

Post by JohnThomas »

Thanks RickG! I will check those out.
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Hi JohnThomas, on our next trip we're staying a couple days at Concordia out near Coral Bay above Salt Pond. I've never stayed there before but won two nights in the CBCC raffle in December, lucky me! I've heard great things about it and it's an Eco resort too. If you have jeeps you might want to check it out.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Hey John, We had a similar situation once. We had to find a single night. We would have stayed in St. John boutique hotel but they were full. We were not able to fine a villa company that would rent to us for only one night. So I looked at VRBO and found a few places at Grand Bay that had an opening for just the day we needed. I made contact with the owner and explained our situation and was able to get a place to stay for the night. Good luck
JohnThomas

Post by JohnThomas »

Thanks Everyone! It's tough finding a place for just 2 nights vs. week. Congrats Suziekue on your win!!!!! Hoosierdaddy-checking out vrbo, I have used that site in the past. Thanks for all the great tips!
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Thanks JohnThomas!
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

Bigcheeze

Post by Bigcheeze »

Emerald Beach by the airport is a good place to begin a trip...kinda breaks up that 1st day of travel and the pool, beach and tiki bar get you on Island Time.

The 2nd day you can do some shopping, explore STT a lil have a great lunch at Hook Line and Sinker in Frenchtown and even a day trip to Water Island could be done too.

I get that we all want to be on STJ asap...but STT does have much to offer too.

But either way...you are on the Islands.

Enjoy the Journey!

Dave/Bigcheeze
islandjo2010

Post by islandjo2010 »

We've stayed on STT before heading to STJ and I agree with Bigcheeze, "STT does have much to offer too." :wink:

We've stayed at Emerald Beach by the airport but we prefer the condos at Sapphire Beach Resort and Marina... check VRBO to see about a 2 night condo rental there. Sapphire has a nice beach with pretty descent snorkeling!

Good luck and ENJOY your trip!
JohnThomas

Post by JohnThomas »

Thanks for all the help everyone! :)