Time from airport to to Red Hook

Travel discussion for St. John
sasky

Time from airport to to Red Hook

Post by sasky »

It's been a few years since my last trip and the last couple times we've rented a car on St. Thomas and took the barge over. So I can't remember the answer to this and I'm having trouble finding the info via search.

With a standard taxi where they squeeze 10-15 people and make multiple stops, roughly how long would it typically take to get to Red Hook?

On that note, is Rachael still around? And what are the odds she'd accommodate 1 person?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jimg20

Re: Time from airport to to Red Hook

Post by jimg20 »

Rachel is still around. She would be happy to take one person. At what cost? I don't know.

On the time issue, I have gone from STT to RH with Rachel in about a half hour.

This will likely start another fire storm, but, when I took the public taxies, it took :45 to a full hour. They tell me that you might be able to get a taxi where everyone is going to RH. If that is so, the time might be more like Rachel's trip. Rachel turns north in CA and takes the north road to RH. Every public taxi I've been in goes past the cruise ships and takes the south road. I am supposing that she goes that way to save time.
Man it's like some dream we live down here....

Pickle

Re: Time from airport to to Red Hook

Post by Pickle »

Rachel would accommodate one person but I think it would cost you a lot more than taking a regular taxi. For two people, her rate is $25 per person - but for one person, it might be around $40 or $50 (?). I'm not sure of the exact rate so, if you are really interested, you can call/text her and inquire (340-771-2986).

With that said, if I were a solo traveler, I would just take a regular taxi - unless it's late at night. Depending on the traffic and how many stops they make, regular taxis have taken us as quickly as 35 min to nearly an hour to Red Hook.

Have a great trip!