Best BBC??? Best Painkiller

Travel discussion for St. John
SuefromMA

Best BBC??? Best Painkiller

Post by SuefromMA »

Searching for where we might find the Best BBC (Baileys, Banana & Coconut) drink! We used to be able to get an amazing one from Morgan's Mango. But, they stopped using FRESH BANANAS and instead used a banana rum or flavoring.
So - looking for REAL bananas and not fake flavoring...
Been too long since I've seen a "booze thread"...LOL While we are at it, might as well throw in best Painkiller, too!
Cruz Bay and/or Coral Bay and/or Jost Van Dyke are the locales..!!

Thanks!
Sue
hoosierdaddy

Re: Best BBC??? Best Painkiller

Post by hoosierdaddy »

I don't drink often but when I do I like the BBC at Shipwreck Landing. My favorite on island drink is the Dirty Banana at the Banana Deck. Can't wait to have one in two weeks.

I have only had one painkiller in my life and that was at the Soggy Dollar, did't really like it. Does that get me kicked off the forum? :oops:
BAILEYBAY

Post by BAILEYBAY »

I'm not a big drinker either, but when on vacation, I have at least one BBC every night!!! Joe's Rum Hut makes a really, really good BBC.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Best Painkiller at Gertrudes on JVD (and Saba Rock) ... HANDS DOWN !!!

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
Ed S

Post by Ed S »

Pia, I agree........ especially since your make your own at Gertrude's (on JVD)!!! I must say I made a mean Painkiller last time I was there (and not to mention she makes an awesome Chicken Roti - the very best!!!)
Image[/url]
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

Thanks for the tip on Gertrude's. We will be going to Jost and I heard that Jewel has moved off of White Bay. So, we will be happy to have someplace else to go. Funny, I LOVED the Painkiller at Soggy Dollar Bar the FIRST time that we ever went there. But, the second time wasn't so hot. I always remember my FIRST and BEST BBC. It was made by a guy (named Dave, I think) - he had a little table and blender and supplies at Smuggler's Cove on Tortola!!! I remember that I even saw people who were anchored off shore come on in and get "drinks to go" from Dave.... Ahhh..memories!!
Thanks. Will definitely have to try out Joe's Rum Hut, too!!
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

Correction: Our bartender at Smuggler's Cove on Tortola was "Steve" not "Dave".... Just read my 2007 trip report. Must give proper credit where credit is due.... Particularly when it comes to Island Drinks!!
KWL

Post by KWL »

SOGO's = best BBC