Best day to head over to JVD on the ferry?

Travel discussion for St. John
jmq

Best day to head over to JVD on the ferry?

Post by jmq »

Greetings
Will be on island in a few weeks. Considering a day trip over to Jost on the ferry.
Is there a day that is typically less crowded than others? i.e. is Monday or some other day a relatively "slow" day? Or are all bets off because its high/spring break season?

If none of that really matters, when there are a ton of cruise ships in port over on STT, would that be a good day to "head out of town"?

Also if somebody can refresh me on the JVD ferry logistics again in case the ticket office or procedure has changed.

Much thanks.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide
Ed S

Re: Best day to head over to JVD on the ferry?

Post by Ed S »

We've done it twice, but it has been a couple of years. We would just pick the days that we could maximize our time on JVD.... see the ferry schedule, i.e. the return ferry on Sunday is the latest, Friday the earliest (so we would not pick that day), and all the other days in between. Not sure much has changed logistics wise? Ferry dock/InterIsland Ferry is not by the passenger ferry - it is to the left a bit, on your way to Mongoose junction. You can pay for the R/T ferry by credit card (but not the customs fee). Enjoy! Ferry schedule below:
http://www.vinow.com/travel/virgin-isla ... schedules/
Image[/url]
RickG

Re: Best day to head over to JVD on the ferry?

Post by RickG »

We do Sunday if it works for our schedule. The longer day makes sense when you're spending $100 on the ferry.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI