On Island report

Travel discussion for St. John
hoosierdaddy

On Island report

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Just arrived and it was a bit wet this afternoon. It's St. John so a little rain just makes it green. Image. This is our view for the week. I am sure the sun will come out tomorrow.
islandjo2010

Re: On Island report

Post by islandjo2010 »

Rain or shine... Always a HAPPY day when on St. John!
Lovely view and I expect the sun will come out tomorrow! :wink: 8)
Enjoy your week!!! :)
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Enjoy your trip & the sun will come out tomorrow just you wait & see.
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Sun is out. Image
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Ran/walked to Margrett Hill this morning. The trail starts just east of mongoose junction. It is steep and rocky but the views are breath taking.
Last edited by hoosierdaddy on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
StJohnbum

Post by StJohnbum »

Hey fellow Hoosier!

Key those pics and reports coming. If we can't be there at least we can enjoy it through your pics.

Enjoy!
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

StJohnbum wrote:Hey fellow Hoosier!

Key those pics and reports coming. If we can't be there at least we can enjoy it through your pics.

Enjoy!
I will try to keep them going. We are from Newburgh. What part of Southern Indiana are you from?
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Great first day. Started with a run on the trails and then we went to Francis. For lunch it was Shipwrecks and then we toured Annaburg. It was our daughters first visit. We had thought about going to Trunk but it was overcast so we walked the Lester Bay trail. Headed to High Tide for dinner. Image
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Today was our Cinnamon Bay day. We started at 9:00 with kayak trip to Wiseling Cay. Wind was calm and water was smooth. Image
Lunch at the Raintree Grill was good. Image
We hung out on the beach for a few hours and then hiked up to American Hill. The views were well worth the uphill hike. Image
Finished with a Frank Bay sunset and soon dinner at Cafe Roma. Image
StJohnbum

Post by StJohnbum »

Another day of great pics! The kayaking looks great. Haven't tried that at STJ, will have to add it to the list.

Hoosier Daddy we're from the Louisville area, Sellersburg to be exact.
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

Thanks for the realtime report! I just read somewhere that Gibney Beach is closed while there is reconstruction going on in the pavilion but that info is a month old. It said that parking is not permitted at the gate during construction. Have you noticed if the work is still on going? If so I am wondering if you can still walk in during the work week, if you know.
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Agent99 wrote:Thanks for the realtime report! I just read somewhere that Gibney Beach is closed while there is reconstruction going on in the pavilion but that info is a month old. It said that parking is not permitted at the gate during construction. Have you noticed if the work is still on going? If so I am wondering if you can still walk in during the work week, if you know.
It appears that the beach is open. Every day when we have driven by the gate is open and there are jeeps parked outside.
Agent99

Post by Agent99 »

hoosierdaddy wrote:
Agent99 wrote:Thanks for the realtime report! I just read somewhere that Gibney Beach is closed while there is reconstruction going on in the pavilion but that info is a month old. It said that parking is not permitted at the gate during construction. Have you noticed if the work is still on going? If so I am wondering if you can still walk in during the work week, if you know.
It appears that the beach is open. Every day when we have driven by the gate is open and there are jeeps parked outside.
Thanks so much for the reply! I'm checking around and it seems that even if the construction is ongoing you can be dropped at the gate and it's all fine. Looking forward to see what they are doing with the building that was Oppenhiemer's home.
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Made some new friends today!
shoemak38

Post by shoemak38 »

:D :D :D :D