Louisenhoj or Mountain Haven?

Travel discussion for St. John
chicagoans

Louisenhoj or Mountain Haven?

Post by chicagoans »

Hello all!

Looking for thoughts on a budget friendly villa for two on the Coral Bay side for next February. Don't need a pool or AC; hot tub nice but certainly not necessary. Mostly want great views! And I think Calabash Boom and John's Folly may be a bit too far.

I'd love to stay less than $2600 for the week, challenging in high season. Right now Louisenhoj and Mountain Haven are my front runners; Moonstruck looks great too but they won't commit until November. I liked the looks of Blue Wrasse but read that the layout is weird. A couple others look promising but are either booked or won't return my emails.

Any feedback on those I mentioned, or ideas for others? Steep and unpaved roads are fine.

Thanks!
loria

Re: Louisenhoj or Mountain Haven?

Post by loria »

i stayed at Blue wrasse -- i can give you the lowdown if you want -- how many bedrooms will you need?
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>
chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Hi Lori! Just one bedroom needed; it will be just 2 of us. Would love the lowdown! (I looked at your place too - looks gorgeous! Just more than what the 2 of us need. You did a wonderful job with it!)
Suziekue

Post by Suziekue »

Thought you might want to take a look at In Harmony Retreat, I haven't stayed there but will be staying at its sister property that is two bedrooms in November. Greg is great to work with and both places look great and have good reviews with convenient Coral Bay locations.

http://stjohnhouserentals.com/1bedroom/ ... y-retreat/
Soarin' with the eagles all week long, and this is all that we've learned about living - VACATION!

chicagoans

Post by chicagoans »

Thanks Suziekue! Somehow I missed that one. I'll contact them today!
loria

Post by loria »

skip blue wrasse.... give me a shout (lori48oak@yahoo.com)

I have some other ideas for you
< leaving on the 22nd of march...but too lame to figure out the ticker thing again!>