Sea Waves Villa

Travel discussion for St. John
PatrickMcc

Sea Waves Villa

Post by PatrickMcc »

Does anyone know anything about this Villa overlooking Hart Bay? There are no reviews on Vrbo or here or Trip Advisor. We are wondering about child safety for three kids ages 5,5 and 8. Also wondering how close it is to the pond below which makes us think mosquitos. It is partly up Iguana Road. Our first choice was on Iguana Road at the very top but is is already booked for our 2018 week. PIctures look very nice and the price is very reasonable. Thank you.
Teresa_Rae

Re: Sea Waves Villa

Post by Teresa_Rae »

It looks like all of the bedrooms are exterior access?

I have a 4 year old and a 7 year old, and villa layouts can be difficult for this reason (they've been coming with us to STJ since they were each a year old); I need their bedroom to have interior access to the main house (since we stay up later than they do and don't want them in a separate building), which means I need our bedroom to also be attached to the main house so that we're all in the same building while sleeping. I'm just not comfortable with not being able to hear them during the night if something goes wrong, or them having to go outside and potentially walk past a pool in the dark if they need to get to me.

Our budget is never huge, so finding budget-friendly villas that have at least two interior access bedrooms to the main house is a challenge.

How many bedrooms do you need? Can your 3 kids share a king bed or do they need more space? I have a several ideas if you only need 2 bedrooms with interior access to the main house, but if you need more than that, the only place we've stayed that would fit the bill is Soul Island; it has 4 interior access bedrooms (two upstairs and two downstairs with an interior staircase).
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

Thanks Teresa. There are 5 adults and the three kids. We need four bedrooms. We do not need all interior access but two of the bedrooms should be near each other or share a bath. We need single beds in at least one of the bedrooms, preferably two because the kids will not sleep well in one bed. They can share one bedroom with two single beds and my daughter would rent a cot for the third child or he could share another bedroom with single beds with his aunt.
We were about to rent Le Lapin but found out yesterday that it was booked. Our liist includes Rara Avis where we stayed twice with one child, Dolphin Run, Kabej Patch and Tennis Villa. Sea Waves popped up yesterday and looked very nice and was a very good price. Less than Tennis Villa but more than the others.
I kept our budget at $4200 total for a week off season and we like the North Shore for access to Cruz Bay at night. My son in law liked fishing at Hart Bay from
RAra Avis but it is not a deal killer to not be within walking distance of the bay.
We also took our daughters for many years starting at age 1 and 3 but our three grandsons are extremely active compared to them so we worry more about child safety.
We will probably go with one of the others on our list but we are not as excited about them as we were about Le Lapin. If you have any suggestions I would love to hear them but given our budget I know that is not easy. Thanks again.
Teresa_Rae

Post by Teresa_Rae »

Soul Island might work for you, and there's even a second, smaller kitchen on the lower level which would be nice since you have 5 adults. There is also a second washer and dryer set on the lower level, which was really nice. All 4 bedrooms have attached bathrooms.

The upper level master bedroom at Soul Island is huge and would have plenty of space for a cot. The other upper bedroom has two single beds, but they're trundles so that room can actually sleep 4. The lower level bedrooms are a king and a queen.

My kiddos were 1 and 4 when we stayed there and they did not charge us full price for the girls, so it's worth asking, as that would help your budget. We've never been charged full price for the girls anywhere, actually.

It's been renovated since we stayed there in 2003, have you looked at La Collina? The upper level has two bedrooms in the main house, and then the two lower bedrooms are exterior access; the two lower bedrooms might share a bathroom, I'm not sure though, we only used the upper level.

I'm not sure if Sol Inclination or Sweet Surrender would work for your budget, but they have good layouts and we've stayed at both so I could answer questions if you have them.
Let us live so that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.
- Mark Twain
PatrickMcc

Post by PatrickMcc »

LA Collina was on my original list and I will put it back for another look. I took it off because it lacked single beds but we remembered we could rent a cot from island baby. Soul Island has an awesome bed set up and looks great. If we can get a break on the kids, the twins will still be 4 next April, we might do it.
THe other two are most likely beyond our budget. We are dealing with us, the grandparents, daughter and husband with three kids and a single adult daughter. We will defer to the family with kids as they will pay more than us.
I really appreciate your input.