Pre-island into the Groove!!

Travel discussion for St. John
SuefromMA

Pre-island into the Groove!!

Post by SuefromMA »

Only 3 more sleeps... WooHoo!! Started my day driving in to work with my "Island Tunes" playlist.... First 2 songs: "Are Your Ready" and "Can You Feel It" by Inner Visions!!! I am "officially" checked out mentally... Will somehow try to get through the next 3 days...!! Anyone else have any "special tunes" that get them ready, mon...???
RickG

Re: Pre-island into the Groove!!

Post by RickG »

Our island play list is 11 days long. Its always fun when it starts to repeat. One of my favorites is Cool Sessions Brass, Big Gyal Rule.

Cheers, RickG
S/V Echoes - Coral Bay - St. John, VI
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Super excited for you Sue. Our in the groove play list is a lot of Jack Johnson, Bob Marley and of course Kenny.
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

People will hate me, but I'm not a huge Kenny fan. Not really a fan of too much country. Though I am totally in love with Grace Potter. So, "Tequila and Me" by Kenny and Grace works for me!!
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

Correction: That would be "You and Tequila"....point proven...!!!
philbetm

Post by philbetm »

My play list is a good mix of Jimmy Buffet , Kenny and Bob Marley . I am a big Kenny fan ( :lol: ) and his " B as U R album does it for me ! But when it comes time to head to the Island...I could play Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and be soooo
Happy ! :twisted:

Sherry In SC
" I believe there's Magic here...."
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

I am going to show my age here..... "Cool Change" by Little River Band is my "go-to" island song.... Man, I'm old!!!
54b

Post by 54b »

Zach Brown Band - "Knee Deep"

67% of the time it works every time :)

"Toes" is good too.

Congrats and have a safe travel day.
It’s not about yesterday or tomorrow...It’s about today, for come what may – Sun, rain, or hurricane – we've only time for a smile, and none for sorrow
suzanna945

Post by suzanna945 »

I am one of those crazy people who curates the island playlist all year long, adding, subtracting, putting in special order, etc. In fact I am nuts enough to have several different playlists for our St. John vacations; "Island Days," for beaching, poolside, jeep rides to the East end, etc; "Island Nights," for late night swims under the stars, dinner music, chilling on the deck at night, etc etc. The day list is all over the place, with current stuff, older stuff, reggae. The night list is very mellow and sultry.
jmq

Post by jmq »

That's is what really struck me about St. John after the first time and is what makes us (and I suspect many others) return - the buzz from pre-trip anticipation, the on-island buzz, and then the length of the post-trip buzz - helped by the planning and sharing that happened here long before the rise of other social media platforms. Unplugging from everyday life and media with a good book or 2 under the grape trees is good for the soul.

In a 2010 study, researchers found that only vacationers who deemed their breaks “very relaxing” felt notably happier upon returning to everyday life. Vacationers who reflected on their time off as just "somewhat relaxing”, “neutral”, or at all stressful noted no change in happiness after re-entry. For those who had “very relaxing” holidays, that post-vacation glow lasted eight weeks(!) after returning to work.
When we come to place where the sea and the sky collide
Throw me over the edge and let my spirit glide