Caribbean Oasis - call ahead?

Travel discussion for St. John
SuefromMA

Caribbean Oasis - call ahead?

Post by SuefromMA »

Can someone please tell me how the "call ahead" at Caribbean Oasis works? For instance, if we want to be sure to get her Chicken Fried Chicken with Pecan sauce on a Tuesday. Would we just call in after 4:00 (when she opens) and say something like "We'd like to order 2 entrees of the Chicken and would like to pick it up at 6:00?" Or is the procedure that they want you to call and come down to get it right away? And/or how early could we call? We actually plan to do it on a day that we get back from a Jost trip into Cruz Bay at 3/3:30ish. And will then "head home" to Ajax Peak to shower, etc. Then would want to get it later on a bit, for supper.
Thanks for any tips!
cool breeze

Re: Caribbean Oasis - call ahead?

Post by cool breeze »

Hello Sue from Ma. I believe I met you at the airport leaving St Thomas a couple of years ago while we waited for Jet Blue to open, John from NH anyhow we frequent Oasis quite often due to being able to walk to it from our villa. You can call and let Karen know what you would like and when you wish to pick it up she is very accommodating and as far as her Chicken fried Chicken with the pecan sauce it is my favorite but with that being said all of her items are fantastic. Have a great time we will be on island in 9 days :D
iheartsj

Post by iheartsj »

we often order ahead. If we are getting take out , we take "tupperware" containers. and Karen will use them to serve the food.
Pia

Post by Pia »

Yes just call at 4pm and let her know what time - remember to take your own "plastic" bag (preferably cloth reusable that you are bringing with you) to take your meals home in as she will hand you your styrofoam boxes (good idea though about taking your own tupperware) and as we are going plastic free (yay) you will need a bag to put them in or just hold them on your lap (can be dicy if you have sauce)

Pia
Realtor - St John Properties
SuefromMA

Post by SuefromMA »

Thank you, all! "Yes", cool breeze, I do remember you. We are looking forward to that special pecan chicken with our gorgeous view from Ajax Peak.... Anticipation is killing me... Pity my employer..LOL