boat or water taxi?

Travel discussion for St. John
Bilter

boat or water taxi?

Post by Bilter »

Staying on St John late October and want to spend one night on Jost. How do you get there with out taking the Public Ferry Service. It will be just myself and my wife.
hoosierdaddy

Re: boat or water taxi?

Post by hoosierdaddy »

We have thought about spending a night on Jost at some point. If we did we would probably just take the regular ferry. It seems to be much more economical than a water taxi. The advantage for the water taxi seems like you are not tied to someone elses schedule. Sorry no advise on the water taxi since we have never used one.
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

We have thought about spending a night on Jost at some point. If we did we would probably just take the regular ferry. It seems to be much more economical than a water taxi. The advantage for the water taxi seems like you are not tied to someone elses schedule. Sorry no advise on the water taxi since we have never used one.
SeaHorseVI

Post by SeaHorseVI »

Water taxis can be a great fit for some parties. I run SeaHorse Land & Water Taxi out of St. Thomas, www.seahorsevi.com.

Yes, we can be more than the ferry, but we are also a private service that can take you directly to your destination, with some additional catered service. We have land transport on St. Thomas, St. John, and Tortola. But our boats go anywhere between the USVI and BVI.

Our pricing is usually based upon a four person occupancy, the economics just work out best at that point. Sometimes the ferry schedule is a little unpredictable. Because of the hurricanes Irma and Maria in 2017, the ferry schedule has be interrupted. At this time, there is no ferry that runs directly from St. John or St. Thomas to Jost Van Dyke.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions,
Kenny