Cruz Views status

Travel discussion for St. John
mahojim

Cruz Views status

Post by mahojim »

Can anyone give me an update? Friends are scheduled to bisit in February, and are wondering if they should cancel.
Thanks-
MJ
shoemak38

Re: Cruz Views status

Post by shoemak38 »

beleieve I saw photo's on FB showing damage do a search on FB
RicksFormula

Post by RicksFormula »

looks like it at 2:46 of this video:
I could be wrong but the structure and window locations look to match
cocosmom

Post by cocosmom »

Bliss Cruz Views #1 has a Facebook page with pics..and info
Coconuts

Post by Coconuts »

It looks as though Cruz Views definitely sustained some damage, as per the aerial photo below. We have stayed there on a number of occasions. There were always a number of light duty overhangs and such that could have been expected to suffer damage. The main structures were built by the same team (and around the same time) as Coconuts and Plumeria, as well as Gallows Point. Tom, the construction foreman, visited us a few years ago, and proudly pointed out his interior roof retention details, claiming "I've never lost a roof on this island"! That was certainly true through Hugo and Marilyn. Well, all of our roofs held firm during both those and Irma, as did Gallows Point, and most if not all of Cruz Views, but I do know of one roof he built for which Irma finally disproved his claim. Good solid work for sure, though, and much appreciated.
Cruz Views aerial image post-Irma
Cruz Views aerial image post-Irma
All the best,

Kevin
equineannie

Post by equineannie »

Remember there is NO infrastructure on the island. Yes, the place you are renting may be open but not much else. Rebuilding will be very slow, I know because I lived on island after a Cat 2.