Paradise 2019

Travel discussion for St. John
ihochman

Paradise 2019

Post by ihochman »

We were booked for our 10th vacation on St John in Feb. Then Hurricane Irma came and with a heavy heart, lots of conversation and emails with our villa owner we decided to wait till 2019. It was a hard decision but for us I think it was right. We donated and sent packages but felt the island might not be ready for prime time. So Isla Mujeres, here we come in Feb for the 4th time. Nothing compares to St John but now we have another trip to plan and look forward to.
hoosierdaddy

Re: Paradise 2019

Post by hoosierdaddy »

Sorry to hear about your change in plans. 2019 is not so far away now...just one year! We plan on going again in 2019 also. I would love to go sooner but vacation plans for 2018 are already in place and can not be changed. My heart will be in St. John though. So was the villa you were staying at just not ready?
ihochman

Post by ihochman »

The villa would have probably been ready but we felt after speaking to the owner that the island might not have been ready. St John is our paradise and other than Italy our favorite place. We needed to make a decision so we decided to put it off a year. Reading about all the people who went back to the island this year I wasn’t sure it was the right decision but I’m ok with it now.
hoosierdaddy

Post by hoosierdaddy »

That is certainly understandable. I just noticed your ticker. Looks like we will just miss each other 14 months from now.