Recommendations for a villa for 2 please!

Travel discussion for St. John
jofus

Recommendations for a villa for 2 please!

Post by jofus »

Hi All!,
Looking for recommendations in case I missed anything in my searches. I'm looking for something in he Fish Bay area for my husband and I, we want the southern exposure, pool with lots of sun and decent privacy, a water view and a/c at least in bedrooms, a good sound system has swayed our decisions in the past :) . Trying to keep it under $3000 for a week. Elysium and Daffodil are topping my list right now. We are familiar with the island, have stayed out in Kiddel Bay a few times, Calabash Boom, Ajax Peak and Cinn Bay campground two times. Wanting to try the southern side this time around, I'd consider other areas besides Fish Bay if the villa fills our wish list. Trip is for my 50th in Oct. of 2020.... I like to plan ahead :D . I look forward to replies!

Thanks
Jofus
Chris @ Work

Re: Recommendations for a villa for 2 please!

Post by Chris @ Work »

I cannot comment on sound system options as we always bring our Bose Soundlink Mini. It gives us great sound and is portable if we want anything at the beach (careful to play low volume so as not disturb those around).
Unfortunately, our favorite villa Soft Winds is still damaged but it doesn't have AC (don't need with the steady breeze atop the hill). We are staying at Altamira this time in June and it does have AC. I have been told AC is preferable on that side as the hills block a steady sea breeze. I can provide comment in July upon our return if you are interested.
Another home in the area we have stayed at and enjoyed is Arco Iris which also has AC in the bedrooms.
I tried getting availability and price details for Daffodil but it is not listed in the secondary site link. You might want to check if it is off market at present for repairs, etc.
Have a great time and happy anniversary. We will be celebrating our 40th.
[/url]
Wolfhound

Post by Wolfhound »

We stayed at Over the Rainbow on Reef Bay the first trip to St John in 2002. So, my info is very old. It was a great villa for our honeymoon. Just be aware that there are power lines that never seem to make it into the villa pictures. It gets nice breezes. https://www.caribbeanvilla.com/vacation ... -reef-bay/
RicksFormula

Post by RicksFormula »

Carnival Beach House on Klein Bay is right on the water and has beautiful grounds and a great pool. We have stayed on Klein Bay several times and it's a gorgeous bay and quick drive to Cruz Bay.
https://www.wheretostay.com/Carnival_Be ... villa-2500