9%

Total votes: 23

Xislandgirl

Can we talk rental cars?

Post by Xislandgirl »

Need to be able to park in their lot!
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

I haven't actually used them yet, but I've reserved a car with Conrad Sutton and their service on the phone and getting a confirmation to me was EXCELLENT!
nothintolose

Courtesy Car Rental

Post by nothintolose »

We have used both Conrad Sutton and Courtesy Car Rental and were fine with both but opted for Courtesy the third go around.

We liked the location of their lot better for parking, and they were exceptionally nice (not that Conrad Sutton wasn't).

The last time we were there, they let us store our bags there and keep the rental until the afternoon with no extra charge.

nothintolose
chattycat

Post by chattycat »

Where's Penn's?? I vote for them. :wink:
Pia

Post by Pia »

Penn's - great honest people.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Another vote for Penns. They are friendly, their cars are in good shape, they have a big lot to park in, and there is no hassle when you turn the car in, just hand off the keys and go!
hawksnestbay

This Poll is ???

Post by hawksnestbay »

Can anybody insert a poll about any topic? I would rather not sift thru that content.

I have used Denzil Cline, Budget STT {2}, Bougenvilla {2}. I know there are several more quality companies. A poll such as this implies things that might not be so, and endorsement by the site. :evil: IMHO.
USVISuzyQ

Budget STT

Post by USVISuzyQ »

I prefer to rent from Budget STT, shop at Cost U Less and other stores and ferry over. Comes in handy getting back to the airport too. You can also rent thru Sapphire Beach and save the airport surcharge.

USVISuzyQ
MKPK

Great place to rent

Post by MKPK »

Used them both but being able to park in their lot is really great when you dine in town! 8)
LysaC

Re: This Poll is ???

Post by LysaC »

hawksnestbay wrote:Can anybody insert a poll about any topic? I would rather not sift thru that content.

I have used Denzil Cline, Budget STT {2}, Bougenvilla {2}. I know there are several more quality companies. A poll such as this implies things that might not be so, and endorsement by the site. :evil: IMHO.
Maybe the original poster only needed to know about these three companies. It's possible that these are the three comnpanies that offer what the poster needs when visiting.
Xislandgirl

Re: This Poll is ???

Post by Xislandgirl »

hawksnestbay wrote:Can anybody insert a poll about any topic? I would rather not sift thru that content.

I just choose the 3 that I am deciding between. As a former resident of the island, I do have know some of the owners directly and I am going to choose between those 3. I know that there are many other companies that are on island, I have just narrowed it down to the ones that I would like to use.
I have not been on the island for a few years and when I was there, many companies did not let you park in their lot. I know times have changed and wanted to get some up to date advice.
I don't think my poll impies anything.....you are reading too far into an innocent poll. :roll:
seastar

Re: Thrifty STT?

Post by seastar »

USVISuzyQ wrote:I prefer to rent from Budget STT, shop at Cost U Less and other stores and ferry over. Comes in handy getting back to the airport too. You can also rent thru Sapphire Beach and save the airport surcharge.

USVISuzyQ
And what about Thrifty? :?: Anyone used them recently?Are their vehicles in good condition?
We were thinking of renting from them for our december trip.
Any feedback will be highly appreciated.
pswlrw

Thrifty

Post by pswlrw »

Three people in our group rented from Thrifty last April. The van to the off-airport site was painless and they had their Jeep (very good condition) HOURS before we got ours from Budget.
Paula