Last minute travel???

Travel discussion for St. John
NoWorriesMom

Last minute travel???

Post by NoWorriesMom »

Hi! Anyone have info to share about last minute travel to STJ? We're feeling a little spontaneous/crazy and might just hop on priceline for some cheap tickets and GO! Is the likelyhood of getting accomodations good, slim or nil for an offseason non-holiday couple of weeks? Thanks![/b]
pswlrw

Last Minute Trave

Post by pswlrw »

If you call the villa agencies directly, they can tell what, if any, discounts are available. I have seen 10-20% off for last minute, off-season travel, so you should be able to find a deal. Good luck!
Paula

Maryanne

Post by Maryanne »

We almost always travel last-minute, during high season. Not only that, we always end up extending our stay and "scrambling" for a new place for a few days or week. We've never had a problem. There is always stuff available last-minute, during peak time, so I would have no qualms whatsoever about traveling last-minute now. Have a wonderful time.
liamsaunt

Post by liamsaunt »

Some of the villa agencies have last minute deals that you can see on their websites. John and I did a last minute rental from Catered To a few years ago. I think we booked 6 days or so before heading down. We got a 20% discount. It's definitely possible!
It's like looking in your soup and finding a whole different alphabet.
mia

Discounts

Post by mia »

We just booked Mango Bay for September 1-16 last week and received a 20% discount from Catered To. They seem to have the best discounts for last minute travel. They have a link off of their homepage for Dicounts/Specials. All of them appeared to be 20% off and many of them were 20% off of the price for 2-4 people without an upcharge for more guests. Also, Caribbean Villas has a last minute travel page (again a link from their homepage). The dicounts there do not appear to be as good as Catered To. Good luck! :D
Mia