Images of STJ

Travel discussion for St. John
peterb

Images of STJ

Post by peterb »

Here's links to my two visits (a little dated these days)..enjoy!

http://www.pbase.com/peterb/virgin_islands_01

http://www.pbase.com/peterb/st_john_feb_02

Anybody else got a gallery to share?

Nice new forum...thanks Anthony...that was quick and none too soon :wink:
Last edited by peterb on Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keep your lens clean and your mind open
promoguy

And Mine Too

Post by promoguy »

mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

I love the look of pbase but when I tried the free trial I had no clue what I was doing with it!
promoguy

PBase

Post by promoguy »

Well, Peter was my guru. It takes a bit of getting used to. Ask Peter and I'm sure he'd help with questions.
Anthony
Site Admin

Post by Anthony »

We are going to have our own photo albums here soon. I had to get this thing running first, but photo posting is coming.
Anthony for Virgin Islands On Line
mbw1024

Post by mbw1024 »

thanks to both of you
Coden

Post by Coden »

Loved the pics...thnx for sharing!
Coden
California Girl

Anthony - about links.....

Post by California Girl »

It's really neat the way the links in the posts above work. Do we still need to do HTML to make that happen or do they automatically become links when you put in a URL?
peterb

Post by peterb »

I just copied and pasted the addresses...all done automatically it appears
pswlrw

Here's a link to some pics from my April visit to STJ

Post by pswlrw »

Hi folks,

This link http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandin ... 2531432510 should get you to my photos. The captions may seem a bit odd, but they are taken out of context because I pared down the album from 250 pictures :o to 40 something. Enjoy!

Paula

max2mc

question for Peterb

Post by max2mc »

Great pictures! I saw that you had dinner at Asolare and had to ask what you thought of the food and ambiance? Is the restaurant open to those views or is there a balcony? If a balcony is it small? Sorry for all the questions, I am trying to decide on a location for a dinner for family and friends(20) after we get married. We are looking at Asolare, Stone Terrace, or ZoZo's.

Thanks for any input!!!!
:wink:
peterb

Re: question for Peterb

Post by peterb »

max2mc wrote:Great pictures! I saw that you had dinner at Asolare and had to ask what you thought of the food and ambiance? Is the restaurant open to those views or is there a balcony? If a balcony is it small? Sorry for all the questions, I am trying to decide on a location for a dinner for family and friends(20) after we get married. We are looking at Asolare, Stone Terrace, or ZoZo's.

Thanks for any input!!!!
:wink:
My information is old since I ate there several years ago. Make sure you call ahead and reserve a table on the balcony (yes, it is small so I don't think it will work for a group of 20) and make that reservation for just before sunset. It was great watching the sun set and the lights come on on St. Thomas. It might be a better choice for an intimate dinner to escape from your wedding party later in the visit.

I enjoyed the food which, at that time was kind of an asian fusion style...not sure what's going on with the menu now but reviews on the web make it seem much the same. I had some kind of wonderful seared tuna and the crewe shared a couple of the chocolate volcano desserts.

It is not inexpensive and was very good IMHO. Don't expect large portions and, if you are exclusively a "meat & potatoes" type then I think that you wouldn't enjoy the food experience but the ambiance is great.
trptman

Post by trptman »

I'll add my pictures to the mix: http://mg.yrci.com/stjohn/ This was our first trip to St. John (June 24 - July 1) - we are hooked and have already made reservations for next June!
peterb

Post by peterb »

Nice shots...Splendore looks...well...splendid indeed!

Loved the beach shots especially the one of Trunk with the dinghy pulled up on shore.

Thanks for sharing. :D
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Trptman - Love your pictures! Great beach shots, and the pictures of you two are cute, cute, cute!! I agree with peterb about the picture at Trunk Bay with the dinghy pulled up on shore, quite artistic! Thanks so much for posting! :D