Images of STJ

Travel discussion for St. John
trptman

Post by trptman »

peterb/California Girl - Thanks for the compliments! It's not hard when you are in such a beautiful place.
Oxford

Peterb....cruz bay pic

Post by Oxford »

I really liked the last pic on page 10 of your first link. Cruz Bay circa what? 1950's or earlier? Where did you get this pic and do you have any more really old ones?

Thanks
Oxford
Ina

Post by Ina »

peterb

Re: Peterb....cruz bay pic

Post by peterb »

Oxford wrote:I really liked the last pic on page 10 of your first link. Cruz Bay circa what? 1950's or earlier? Where did you get this pic and do you have any more really old ones?

Thanks
Oxford
I grabbed that image one when someone posted it on this forum.

I think it was from 1951 as I recall.

It was the only one...glad I grabbed it!
Last edited by peterb on Fri Aug 11, 2006 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keep your lens clean and your mind open
peterb

Post by peterb »

Ina wrote:these are mine (2003)

http://community.webshots.com/user/ina01nl
Thanks Ina...I really liked this shot from Peace Hill....thanks for sharing.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/739 ... 0254bNVMpX

I like trip reports but I LOVE seeing snapshots :)
Keep your lens clean and your mind open
Coden

Post by Coden »

Thank you all for sharing your pics...I've really enjoyed seeing them.

I spent about an hour last night on Googles satellite map looking at STJ. Only Cruz Bay, to the middle, and all of the shores in that area of the island would come in. I couldn't get it to come in from the middle of the island over to Coral Bay and on. But that is okay...I got as low as roof top, saw vehicles, boats...and traveled Centerline Rd from CB. There "are" a couple of hairy turns for sure!!

I then went over to STT and "flew" into the airport and followed the country all of the way over to Red Hook...what a trip!!! :)
Coden
California Girl

Post by California Girl »

Oxford, I find your little video signature disturbing. Once you've seen it, you've seen it, then it just becomes distracting. Any chances of nixing the video and just leaving the words? Thanks :)
nothintolose

I can relate

Post by nothintolose »

Ina,

Your pics of you and all of the gear you lugged cracked me up and brought back alot of memories. For some reason I am always the one that ends up carrying everything to and from the beach and I must look just like you do in those pics.

Thanks for the laughs,
nothintolose
Ina

Re: I can relate

Post by Ina »

nothintolose wrote:Ina,

Your pics of you and all of the gear you lugged cracked me up and brought back alot of memories. For some reason I am always the one that ends up carrying everything to and from the beach and I must look just like you do in those pics.

Thanks for the laughs,
nothintolose
:D yeah I'm the lugger too. My dad is afraid his heart will burst, so I am the one lugging all the stuff and he walks with a water bottle.
:lol: ah well......If I want to go to salt pond I have to make some sacrifices. That is where we were going when the photos were made.
California Girl

Ina - I just got done looking at all your pictures. They're beautiful. Awesome sunsets! Thanks for posting the link to your albums! :D
nothintolose

You are crazy

Post by nothintolose »

Ina - when looking at those pics I said to myself, surely she's not going to Salt Pond or Waterlemon with ALL of that stuff...and your were!!!!

I only lug everything to the close ones like Maho, Hawksnest and Cinnamon. There's no way I would carry that much down to Salt Pond but then again I am only used to flat land so that hill seems REALLY steep for me.

nothintolose
California Girl

Re: You are crazy

nothintolose wrote:I am only used to flat land so that hill seems REALLY steep for me.
What a wuss! :lol:

(You know I love you)
Sunflower

Agree w California Girl

Post by Sunflower »

Oxford, I completely agree with California girl. I'm glad she posted first, because I don't think I would have had the courage to respond first. I find the signature pic to be very offensive and in poor taste. Frankly, I was very surprised to see something like that on "our" forum. Thanks for considering removing the pic. :!:
Ina

Re: You are crazy

Post by Ina »

nothintolose wrote:Ina - when looking at those pics I said to myself, surely she's not going to Salt Pond or Waterlemon with ALL of that stuff...and your were!!!!
yeah... :oops:

but I really wanted to go there
Coden

Post by Coden »

Wow! I loved all of the pics...especially the sunsets...awesome!!!
Coden